Process Technician / Supervisor
Located in Howell, MI
Salary: $22 - $25 hour
Express Employment Professionals in Howell/Brighton is assisting a local manufacturing company that produces plastic injection molded parts and assemblies for a broad range of industries such as automotive, industrial, lawn and garden and sports and recreation is in need of a Direct Hire 2nd shift Process Technician/Supervisor.
Work Schedule: 2nd shift 2:50pm-11:10pm Monday - Friday with some overtime
Benefits: Offered after 60 days: Vision, Dental, Medical, 401K, PTO and Life Insurance
- Start-up and maintain molding machines for production by entering data per approved setup sheets.
- Responsible for part quality coming off of press.
- Critical Success Factor on process setups must be followed.
- Submit first piece article to the Quality Department for approval (QA-0100 Press Floor Audit Checklist)
- Monitor setup operation for new jobs for presses (mold setting – material change – first piece process, auxiliary equipment, all functions are operating correctly and a Green PM tag is attached to mold).
- Follow defined work instructions
- Ensure that process changes are documented on the Setup Change Log when outside of established parameters.
- Develop new process setups for mold/press.
- Develop water and clamping diagrams when needed.
- Monitor accuracy of process setups throughout shift.
- Stop production and/or delivery if necessary to correct quality problems.
- Ensure that all machines are running at approved cycle.
- Troubleshoot and answer machine alarms to improve production and reduce downtime.
- Ensure secondary equipment is hooked-up and working.
- Make adjustments to equipment as needed (robots, press control panel, etc.)
- Assist the Mold Setter with setting molds as needed.
- Assist with the on-going training of Mold Setters.
- Train mold setters to process as requested.
- Check the auxiliary equipment to ensure it is operating correctly, everything is functioning, and a Green PM tag is attached.
- Have flexibility to complete projects assigned.
- Use correct PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) – Safety glasses; Safety Sleeves; Heat resistant gloves, etc.
- Monitor daily schedule for mold and material changes.
- Direct material changes.
- Use appropriate safety equipment.
- These responsibilities are flexible and may change as needed.
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Maintain zone area and assist other zones when requested.
- Maintain the Quality Management System as it pertains to area of responsibility.
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Terra at (517)546-5627
Express Office: Howell (Brighton)
2160 Grand River Annex
Brighton, MI 48114