Electrical Panel Assembler Level 1
Located in York, PA
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00/hr DOE
Hours: 6a-4:30p Mon-Thurs, if overtime is required, Fridays 6a-12p
Length of assignment: Evaluation Hire (temp to hire) depending on job performance, attitude, and attendance
Job Description: Assembler is responsible for following established work instructions for manufacturing electrical sub-assemblies and preparing wires and cables for installation into control panel by performing the following duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cuts, terminates and labels wires using work instructions.
- Cuts wire way, covers and din rail to length using samples and work instructions.
- Creates wire labels and component labels from computer.
- Solders electrical components and small parts assembly.
- Must maintain IPC620 and J-STD-001 Certification.
- Completes traveler paperwork.
- Meet customer’s product quality requirements. Report any product quality issues.
- Offer new ideas and methods to achieve Continual Improvement.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintain a high level of 5’s workplace organization.
- Perform any related functions as required. Qualifications: High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or higher. Experience in electrical wiring and assembly preferred. Language Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Knowledge, Skills, Equipment and Other Abilities: Maintain Valid Driver’s LicenseJ-Std-001 Certification
- IPC 620 Certification
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Microsoft Office, MRP System, working knowledge with automated cable/wire cutter, stripper, termination equipment, wraptor machine, air crimper, hydraulic crimper, engraving machine and soldering iron. Ability to wire panels using electrical schematics.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Math Ability:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as schematic, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present info in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance, punctuality, flexibility, cooperation, communication, integrity and other general qualities of character are essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The work schedule for this classification is full-time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to that of a normal manufacturing plant environment with non-air-conditioned temperatures and may on occasion work in seasonal outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate where hearing protection is not necessary based on OSHA requirements. May be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration and risk of electrical shock. Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our office at 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com
Express Office: York
2210 East Market Street
York, PA 17402