Our Brantford based client, a full-service construction contractor that has designed and built a wide variety of commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings in the GTHA in the last 40 years, is looking to add to their team. Currently they are looking to add a strong capable individual to their Architectural team. The Architectural Technician will be working under the direction of the senior Architectural Designer in preparing drawings for the wide variety of projects the company undertakes.
Overview of Opportunity
In the exciting role of Architectural Technician you will be tasked with preparing a broad range of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures, obtaining and assembling the necessary data to complete the designs to specifications for use by engineers, consultants, project managers, supervisors and customers.
Here is What You Will Be Doing
As part of the Architectural Team you will:
- Provide engineers with preliminary foundation plans, foundation detail drawings and structural steel layout drawings.
- Prepare presentation drawings as required for design-build projects.
- Ensure proper, current drawings are on site.
- Work closely with Project Managers during all stages of a project to escalate customer requirements from the initial design work to the final stages.
- Plot and print drawings for project managers and construction trades.
- Assist Project Managers by providing drawing and specification packages for subcontractor pricing; assists in assembling subtrade pricing for projects; verifies and approves project shop drawings of various subtrades on projects.
- Prepare a final set of ''As-built'' drawings for all projects.
- Maintain project and AutoCAD drawing files; hard copy as well as on the server; to ensure the information remains up-to-date and filed appropriately.
Are you Qualified?
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience demonstrating a high skill level in AutoCAD Architecture software, skilled in PC usage and Microsoft Office; ability to learn new software.
- Previous experience in preparing site plans, floor plans, building elevations, reflected ceiling plans, cross sections, wall sections, construction details, and door and room finish schedules using AutoCAD Architecture software.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Architect and Project Managers in deliver expected plans and details on time and on budget
Attributes (eg. Personal characteristics)
- Proven leadership skills with strong analytical skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- High ethical standards: integrity, honesty, fairness, equity, trust, transparency and accountability
- Detail Oriented
- Self motivated and outcome oriented
Annual Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly Wage of $23 - $24
- Hours: M-F 8:00AM – 4:30PM
- Pension Plan with company contributions
- Full Benefit Plan
If you think you have what it takes to deliver on the requirements for this opportunity, apply in confidence by sending your resume to:
Phone: (905) 528-7744
Fax: (905) 528-7289
Other Skills & Experience to be considered an asset:
AUTOCAD, Architecture, construction, Technician, designer, Brantford, Ancaster, Paris,
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00-$24.00 per hour