Clamp Truck Driver/Yard Jockey 2nd and 3rd shifts
Located in York, PA
Salary: $18.50 to $18.70/hr
2nd shift: 2p-10p
3rd shift: 10p-6a
Length of assignment: Evaluation Hire (temp to hire) depending on job performance, attitude, and attendance
The Clamp Truck Operator is responsible for the movement of Rolls from Rail Cars, Trucks and the warehouses to the corrugator for consumption. Will also jockey trucks between warehouse and plant.
Essential Job Functions:
- Qualified to operate equipment by passing a Forklift Test.
- Demonstrates safety practices of heavy roll handling.
- Understand shipping manifests from vehicles to be unloaded.
- Must be able to drive roll truck back and forth from warehouse.
- Utilize RF Scanning system to identify product.
- Comprehends different grades of paper and proper storage locations
- Can handle various roll types to prevent damage.
- Apprehends the corrugator line up and paper requirements for runs.
- Checks EDI for incoming paper via Truck or Rail Car
- Proper Forklift Inspection prior to operating lift.
- Performs Lock out Tag out when there are safety concerns with the Lift truck.
- Exercise proper handling to ensure good quality of work
- Inventory control processIn addition to the functions listed above, the employee is expected to: exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, maintain good attendance by working when and where directed, work safely in compliance with all safety policies, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required and assigned from time to time.The Physical Requirements Checklist that specifies the physical demands for this job is attached and is incorporated into this description. Qualifications:
- Preferred prior work experience in the corrugated industry
- Experience as a Clamp Truck operator
- High degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of company equipment and in the prevention of damage to materials and equipment
- Pass substance abuse screening according to company policy
- Desire to be a part of a winning team, matching work ethic and energy level
- Successfully pass a Criminal History Records Check
- Maintain Qualifications as a lift operator as required by law.
Forklifts, Computers, Scanners, Printers
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our office at 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com
Express Office: York
2210 East Market Street
York, PA 17402