Material Handlers 2nd shift
Located in Buffalo, NY
Salary: Based on Experience
Express Employment Professionals is seeking experienced Material Handlers for a medical supply company located in Buffalo, NY!
Pay rate: $12-$17.80 (based on experience)
2nd shift: 3pm - 11pm
Moves materials within plant or work site and performs administrative transactions within their level of responsibility by performing the following duties.
- Reads work order and/or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials required to be moved or retrieved to fill requirements.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves. Conveys material from storage or work sites to designated area. Operates industrial truck, roll lifter, electric hoist hand truck or dollies to assist in loading or moving materials and products,
- Performs cycle count requests.
- Keep Supply shelves clean, organized and stocked with packaging materials and supplies needed for the production room.
- Assures solvent supply is maintained, mixes solvents used in production and transports to production room.
- Supply rooms with materials from line side market per production withdrawal Kanban card request in a timely efficient manner.
- Breaks down parts from vendor per standard work board and/or Supplier Kan ban cards.
- Fill line side markets per containerized Kan Ban cards.
- Responsible for the proper routing and/or placement of all kanban cards on product, standard work boards or collection boxes.
- Perform and sign off on daily periodic task as outline on Periodic task list.
- Handles all aspects of work order to include: how to pull and stage an order; how to issue an order; how to handle back orders; how to do returns; how to handle discrepancies in inventory.
- Responsible for safekeeping of all pick sheets, additional issues on pick sheets and the neatness and accuracy of what they record on the pick sheet.
- Supply rooms with materials from staged job locations in timely efficient manner.
- When job is finished, responsible for returning all unused parts from the room to the correct warehouse locations and verifying that no material remains in staged areas, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Counts, weights and records number of units of material on proper paperwork as procedure dictates.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, or other containers as required.
- Assures transactions are performed for all material moves and maintains the material management files system.
- Participates in and may manage label control activity for their work area.
- Wrap completed product as necessary; may require the use of banding, shrink wrap and or pallet wrapper.
- Wrap raw material pallets as necessary.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the packaging area (to include the cleaning and wiping down of tables and hatches), and for the general housekeeping and cleanliness of the work area and warehouse (to include line side markets, job staging areas, pallet racking, as well as machines and equipment to assist production or other warehouse personnel).
- Act as back-up for the packer, as needed, to include removal and packing of all finished product from production room hatches.
- Act as back up for material handlers, pulling jobs as necessary. The percentage of time spent on this task may vary from shift to shift depended upon the demand of operations and other departmental request within the organization.
- Train new spiders and material handlers, as necessary. Material handler must skilled in every aspect of task and troubleshooting to perform training.
- Cross train with water beetles, as necessary. The percentage of time spent on this task may vary from shift to shift depended upon the demand of operations and other departmental request within the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monitors daily material needs to ensure material replenishment.
- Communicates with Assistant Controller to inform of any issues and make necessary changes for labels, travelers, and materials.
- Following all rules, regulations and procedures set forth in the safety manual.
- Promoting safety awareness throughout the workplace.
- Alerting supervisors to any safety hazards they discover.
- Wearing appropriate, proper protective equipment whenever required.
- Using guards on tools and machinery whenever required.
- Following proper lifting techniques using legs and not the back.
- Operating any vehicles, equipment, tools or machines only if they are authorized to.
- Reporting any injury or loss immediately to the supervisor/team lead.
- Promoting a positive attitude about safety and never performing any unsafe practice that could place the employee or others in danger.
- Providing information to his/her immediate supervisor if a better and safer procedure can be implemented in performing any operation.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Drivers'' license and certification in operating warehouse equipment, i.e. fork trucks, pallet trucks, wrapping equipment, binding equipment, scales, dollies, etc.
- This position requires that a person be computer literate and have a working knowledge of traditional PC based software such as Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and manufacturing documentation such as SOP''s, DMR''s, travelers, etc.
- Ability to work any shift including 2nd and 3rd shifts.
- Working knowledge of inventory systems, standard operating procedures, and ISO standards a plus.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Qualified an interested applicant please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Employment Professionals
3140 Sheridan Drive,
Amherst, NY 14226
Express Office: Buffalo
3140 Sheridan Drive
Amherst, NY 14226