Contact Center Specialist
Located in Temple, TX
Salary: Up to $17.00 / hour
Currently seeking a Patient Specialist for an evaluation hire opportunity with a local hospital. The ideal candidate will possess expertise in a call center, customer service and/or healthcare setting.
Responsibilities of the Patient Specialist:
- Responsible for professionally and enthusiastically answering incoming calls and electronic requests from patients, family members and other external parties to register new patients,
- Schedule healthcare appointments, answer questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot problems and provide information on behalf of the institution
- Ensures accurate, compliant, and timely registration of new patients to ensure optimal service and facilitate financial reimbursement.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies or missing information and accurately enters data into the electronic medical record system
- Verifies insurance coverage or determines patient self-pay responsibility and provides cost information.
- Schedules an appointment for the patient or family member with a financial counselor if appropriate.
- Schedules healthcare appointments based on need, patient request and in accordance with system and clinic guidelines. Interprets physician orders to schedule appointments and ancillary tests
- Communicates appointment details and any required preparation for testing along with necessary paperwork and payment to facilitate on time arrival, appointment preparedness and optimal reimbursement
- Writes clerical and clinical patient related messages from patients, family members and other healthcare professionals to administrative and provider staff
- Identifies emergent patient situations based on caller information and coordinates immediate triage
- Responsible for calming upset callers by providing a composed and professional demeanor and can identify and escalate priority issues for resolution
Requirements of the Patient Specialist:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Excellent data entry, numeric, typing and computer navigational skills
- Experience in a call center, customer service and/or healthcare setting
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of call center telephony and technology
- Ability to quickly assess a request, use electronic and paper resource materials and correctly respond to a customer
- Comfortable working in a fast paced constantly changing stressful environment
- Must pass PSS or CCS training program and successfully complete competency exam to maintain position
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501