Human Resource Generalist
Located in Fresno, CA
Salary: $16.00 - $18.00
Express Employment Professionals is looking for a Bilingual (Spanish) HR Generalist for a client in the Fresno area. This will be an Evaluation to Hire, full-time position with growth potential. Please see below for responsibilities and qualifications.
HR Generalist Job Summary:
The Human Resources Generalist will run the daily functions of the HR department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering benefits, and leave and enforcing various company policies and practices. The HR Generalist will also serve as a member of the Safety Committee Team.
HR Generalist Responsibilities:
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for opening positions; collaborates with departmental mangers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries form applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the HR Manager.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations when necessary.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs work in accordance with all quality systems requirements including Food Safety, Food Defense, HACCP, training, and GMP’s as well as meets all company corporate requirements related to quality and food safety programs.
- Maintains a good attendance record to ensure that there is no interruption to production or services to our employees/customers.
- Works safely in accordance with company’s safety program requirements.
- Wears all required personal protective equipment.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and 401k, personal transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, and sexual harassment.
- Assists with workplace investigations and prepares comprehensive investigation files when directed.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and occasionally conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Assists with Workman’s Compensation reporting and procedures as directed.
- Fills in as a back-up to the Payroll Administrator in their absence
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly and follow lock out tag out procedures.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Schedule & Pay:
- 1st shift, Monday-Friday 6:30am-4:30pm (or until finished, may work as late at 6:00pm some days). Candidates must be able to stay until work is finished. There is the opportunity for overtime during busy seasons with potential Saturdays.
- $15.00/HR DOE
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree ; or equivalent combination of education and experience. PHR Certification or SHRM-CP is a preferred job requirement.
- Must be proficient on an intermediate level in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Experience with human resources information system is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public. Must be fluent in both English and Spanish Language.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram from and deal with several abstract variables.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and /or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The floors in the work area are loud and noisy and require proper PPE.
- Send your resume to: email@example.com
- Give our office a call: 559-738-7822 and press 2
- Stop by our office:
- Visalia – 4002 South Demaree Street Visalia, CA 93277
- Fresno – 7411 North Cedar Avenue Fresno, CA 93720
Location: Fresno, CA
Express Office: Fresno (East)
7411 North Cedar
Fresno, CA 93720