Maintenance Tech (2nd Shift)
Located in McHenry, IL
Maintenance Technician – 2nd Shift
Pay based on Experience $23-30
Troubleshoot, upgrade, install, and repair mechanical electrical, electronic, and hydraulic systems on injection molding machines, auxiliary, and ancillary machines.
Performs maintenance and repairs, sometimes complex in nature, of plumbing, mechanical and/or electrical equipment.
May fabricate parts when necessary to maintain or improve the function of company equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs new wiring and installs new electrical components and systems.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, upgrades and repairs existing electrical systems and components on a preventative and as-needed basis.
- Troubleshoots and/or modifies PLC systems, software and controls.
- Maintain, test, troubleshoot, repair and operate production equipment that utilizes lasers, electro-optics and optics, robots, programmable controllers, computer numerical controls, microprocessors, electronic circuitry power supplies, hydraulics, pneumatics, injection molds, chemicals and ultraviolet inks, etc.
- Analyze and interpret test data and prepare technical reports, charts, graphs and schematics to describe system function or malfunction
- Repair and preventative maintenance of injection molding presses and auxiliary and ancillary equipment.
- Repair and preventative maintenance of large equipment: forklifts, reach trucks,
- Identify and repair problems with the mechanical, electrical, electronic, and/or hydraulic systems on injection molding machines, auxiliary, and ancillary machines, as needed.
- Working from blueprints, sketches, diagrams, and layouts, capable of installing and/or upgrading of machines.
- Disassemble machinery replacing or repairing broken parts.
- Perform preventative maintenance of molding equipment and secondary equipment.
- Create and complete necessary paperwork, including work orders and updating of inventory.
- Perform building maintenance as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must have working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic, and hydraulic systems on injection molding machines.
- Must have working knowledge of electric color codes and rules governing load and flow.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working on injection molding machines required.
- Computer literate. Capable of inputting information, updating systems, completing work orders, and communicating through e-mail. Must have good documentation skills.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, demonstrated ability to get along with others, and demonstrated ability to communicate directions and requirements in a clearly understood and pleasant manner. Must be capable of working and successfully completing assignments with minimum supervision.
- Must be capable of operating all forklift and scissor lifts in a safe and careful manner and be licensed to do so. Prior forklift experience preferred.
- Must have understanding of machine capabilities and be able to provide parameters for Engineering, Tool Room, and Production departments as to specific machine capacities.
- Must have to ability to read, write, and communicate in English, in order to read and interpret machine documentation, and follow written documentation to correctly troubleshoot machine problems.
- Must have the ability to lift 70#
- Must have vision correctable to 20/20 for near vision and if corrective lens are required to achieve such quality of vision, those corrective lens must be worn while on duty.
- Must have ability to differentiate colors so that they can safely work on electrical wiring
If this sounds like the job for YOU, DON''T DELAY APPLY TODAY or call Annemarie at our office at 815-788-8556 for more information!
Express Office: Crystal Lake
580 East Terra Cotta Avenue
Crystal Lake, IL 60014