International Agent - up to $60k/yr
Located in Kent, WA
Salary: Up to $60k
Job Summary: A local company in SeaTac, WA with over 100 years of experience in transportation is seeking an International Agent to add to their team.
The International Agent handles all aspects of international export, import and cross-trade shipments including customer service and daily movement of freight and documentation, with moderate supervision for high-visibility and key accounts.
This is a long-term, full-time direct-hire position with a company that has been around for the last century.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Pay: Up to 60k
- Daily coordinating movement of freight, including determining routing to meet customers economic and time requirements (import, export, foreign-to-foreign, air & ocean)
- Process shipping documents, including filing of paperwork.
- Identify and analyze customer requirements and ensure internal processes meet or exceed these.
- Perform all aspects of customer service and carrier relations (negotiating rates & services and securing spot quotes with carriers to increase profits and reduce customer costs) through direct communication with customers and agents and maintaining a professional image and insuring quality service. This includes communication and coordination with foreign agents utilizing both verbal and written communications.
- Able to set and meet deadlines per internal and external customer expectations.
- Knowledge of export routing, documentation and AES filing.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance for Import and Export.
- Knowledge of HTUS classifications
- Analyze current market to ensure competitive rates and profitability and quote shipping rates to customers.
- Coordinate warehouse inventories and process for international customers.
- Insure invoicing of customers is accurate to quoted and contractual obligations, and approve invoices for payment and submit to the general office for payment.
- Coordinate the turnover of import documents from other Lynden service centers to our internal brokerage department
- Occasional overtime depending on the workload
- Possible on-call scheduled for weekend
- Regular and consistent attendance is required
- Minimum requirement is high school diploma plus 4 years of international freight experience, or 4-year college degree and 1-year international freight experience. Degree in logistics field preferred.
- Good written and verbal skills to effectively present information in writing and in person in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, carrier representative, company sales personnel and other coworkers. Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, procedure manuals, tariffs, and other technical and professional material. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate freight rates, including the effect of dimensional weight, and amounts such as percentages, volume, and discounts.
- Experience in making quick decisions in a fully competent, independent manner with little supervision.
- Intermediate to expert Microsoft Word, Excel, One Note, Teams and Outlook user
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills in a heavy workload environment
- Ability to work accurately with a wide range of data and reporting
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and undergo background investigation.
- IATA DG or/and IMDG certified is a plus
- Ability to possess and maintain a TSA Security Threat Assessment (STA) with a status of Passed, or a TSA recognized equivalent. TSA recognized equivalents include a Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge, Commercial Driver’s License(CDL) with Hazmat Endorsement issued within the 50 States or District of Columbia, the Transportation Worker Identification Card(TWIC), or Free and Secure Trade(FAST) card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. STA’s will be submitted by Lynden International upon job offer and renewed thereafter. Recognized equivalents must be current at time of application and successfully renewed by the applicant thereafter.
- Text Logistics to 253-850-1344
- Call 253-850-1344 and mention this job posting.
- Resumes can be emailed to David.Lowe@expresspros.com
About Express Employment Professionals:
When you choose Express Specialized Recruiting Group for your employment search, you gain access to a network of top local companies and the support of our experienced hiring professionals who specialize in Transportation and Logistics recruiting. Your education, skills, and experience are matched with contract and full-time positions our client companies have hired Express to recruit for. There is no charge or fees for applicants seeking employment. Call us to get started!
Our Logistics Division is Always Recruiting For:
- Entry Writers
- Freight Forwarding
- Licensed Custom Brokers
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
Express Office: Kent
841 Central Avenue North
Kent, WA 98032