Machine Operator/Saw Operator 1st shift
Located in Emigsville, PA
Hours: 1st shift 7a-3:30p.
Length of assignment: Evaluation hire depending on job performance, attitude, and attendance
The machine operator runs, maintains, adjusts, inspects, loads, and unloads material on a variety of machines to produce quality saw products. Must be ok working with custom big, sharp metal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs typical machine shop operations to support the assembly floor.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Works safely and follows safety regulations.
- Performs preventative maintenance on machinery.
- Must be able to perform, but not limited to the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, deburring, grinding, measuring, and inspecting.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions to perform the tasks necessary.
- Willingness to learn the operation of the equipment and to cross train on other machinery.
- Ability to focus and be aware of quantity and quality of job while being produced.
Education/Work Experience/Key Skills/Physical Requirements
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred
Work Experience: Prior machine experience preferred, but an understanding and interest in machine operation is mandatory
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Mechanical ability
- Teamwork mentality
- Desire to learn and improve
- Ability to focus on the job at hand/attention to detail
- Time management
- Results driven
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
Physical Requirements: Prolonged standing with bending and twisting. Occasional lifting up to 60
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our office at 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com
Express Office: York
2210 East Market Street
York, PA 17402