Located in Maidstone, ON
Our client is looking to add a Shop Labourer to their team.
Duties & Responsibilities of Shop Labour:
- Unload trailers and store material in storage bins.
- Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths.
- Operate a bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape.
- Operate overhead crane to move, assemble and select material to be fabricated or shipped.
- Operate Fabmatic machine that cuts and bends reinforcing steel bars to specified shapes.
- Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping.
- Operate power saw for cutting reinforcing steel bars to specified lengths.
- Operate a spray gun in the application of epoxy touch up or reinforcing steel bars.
- Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner.
- Assist other employees in any of the above tasks
- You will be working in a small shop (about 10-12 employees) to cut and bend reinforced steel.
- You MUST know how to measure in metric (metres and centimetres) AND Imperial (feet & inches).
- This job requires a lot of lifting in the 30 lb range up to 50lbs
Experience & Requirements for Shop Labourer:
- 2-3 years Shop Labour
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Compensation and hours for Shop Labourer:
- Monday to Friday 7am-3:30pm
- Pay $20/hour
- Offers Benefits and Pension Contribution plan
Express Office: Windsor
2885 Lauzon Parkway
Windsor, ON N8T 3H5