Bag Technician Level 1
Located in Green Bay, WI
Position: Bag Technician Level 1
Type: Evaluation to Hire
Shift: Rotating 12-hour, 2-2-3
Location: Wrightstown, WI
Summary of duties: Entry level position within the department. Work individually or as a member of a multi person team. Assisting as needed in production of product within the department as assigned. A person in this position is required to perform all packaging, stacking, feeding and un-stacking on all production lines. The Bag Technician Level 1 also moves material to and from all machines and within the warehouse using lift trucks or other material handling equipment. This position packages product per customer requirements and also processes waste within the facility including use of compactors and balers. Has the ability to successfully carry out behavior- based safety audits and understands basic quality, ISO and BRC requirements. Employees in the position will take direction and receive training from team members who are certified at a higher Bag Technician Level to meet required safety, quality and performance objectives. This position works rotating shifts of 8, 10 or 12 hours based on business need. This position serves as a feeder position to Bag Technician Level 2.
Essential Duties and Tasks
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knows and follows all safety policies and procedures. Ensures that co-workers are also following safety rules.
- Commitment, awareness and involvement pertaining to ISO/BRC (policy, standards, procedures, etc.) and food safety practices (GMP’s, procedures, etc.) are requirements of all employees.
- Able to identify product defects or non-conformance with the product/quality specification.
- Knows and understands Company ISO, BRC and Quality requirements outlined in the Bag Tech Training Certification.
- Successfully complete Bag Tech 1 training certification requirements as outlined in the current form: Bag Tech 1 and/or pallet jacks – manual and electric, Certified and able to operate Lift Trucks – Stand up and Sit-Down Fork, Clamp and Probe attachments.
- Clear sew feeder sections, load sew auto feeders, startup lines, and stack/unstack cut bags, and carries out all packaging, stacking and labeling of product.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- One to three months related experience; and/or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO once an employee of the client.
To Apply: Call Express Employment Professionals of Green Bay at 920-940-6000 and ask for Barb
Express Office: Green Bay
2271 Fox Heights Lane
Green Bay, WI 54304