Located in Crystal Lake, IL
First Shift! Direct Hire!
My client in Marengo is looking for a Welder on first shift, direct hire position, pay starting at $20.00 an hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs ordinary welding for mechanical strength in all positions.
- Operates robots as needed, inspect robotic weld for quality and location.
- Analyzes and interprets drawings and welding symbols.
- Positions materials in fixture or locate and clamp in position.
- Selects current, voltage, and electrodes that are appropriate for the job.
- Uses various welding techniques for various types and sizes of materials and to meet varying conditions in materials with minimum distortion.
- Qualified with all types of welding equipment including ARC, MIG, gas, torch cutting, chip slag, and grind, as required.
- Reads and understands blueprints and weld symbols.
- Uses locating fixtures and positions; straighten and flatten when necessary.
- Assists and trains other welders as directed.
- Practice 5S within assigned area.
- Always acts in a professional and courteous manner, representing UCA’s highest standards of business conduct; exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co-workers as appropriate and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
- An expert on the job, makes the most of knowledge and experience and works to learn new duties; assists with training of others; and adapts to changed conditions quickly and easily.
- Consistently does an excellent job, output is unusually high and exceptionally fast, and rarely makes errors or creates reject work.
- Always observes safe work practices and rules and wears personal protective equipment.
- Participates in UCA’s Suggestion Program (STAR) by submitting product improvement or safety ideas.
Call 815-788-8556 or email Chris.Orange@expresspros.com to schedule an interview!
Express Office: Crystal Lake
580 East Terra Cotta Avenue
Crystal Lake, IL 60014