Located in Auburn Hills, MI
A global creative leader in advanced energy solutions in Auburn Hills is seeking a Financial Analyst! This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career with an eco-friendly and clean energy solution provider. The location in Auburn Hills works on EV (electrified vehicle) energy storage solutions, namely production of efficient batterie solutions. If working to help make energy changes in the world is exciting for you, this is a great career opportunity.
The idea candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience as a financial analyst with a strong background in forecasting, month end, cost module closing, and reporting.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with the monthly close process to ensure timely and accurate financial results in compliance with IFRS, Sarbanes Oxley, and Samsung Corporate Compliance.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets & forecasts
- Maintain budget and reforecast information in the accounting system/excel and report to financial manager.
- Prepare and analyze various month/quarterly/year end reports
- Collect and analyze Project Time Tracking Data for month end close as well as maintain various project/cost center reports for department/project managers. Work with the team to resolve any issues or questions as needed.
- Expense report approval and review in Samsung expense report system. This will also result in managing and fielding questions on submission, coding, and training for new employees as needed.
- Balance Sheet reconciliation and review for resolving issues with various finance team members for clean balance sheet.
- Backup for supporting Costing Module Closing (may require after hours support during Korean time, if needed)
- Must have good team skills to work with various team members within finance, Headquarters, as well as within the current divisional departments.
- Month End finance support for Journal Entries and adhering to closing schedules and strict deadlines.
- Backup support for Inter-Company Balancing and Fixed Assets
- Must be familiar with Balance Sheets & P&L Statements.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Associates degree with preference in Accounting or Finance required
- 3 - 5 years’ experience required
- MS Excel - ability to filter data, use vlookups, if-then statements, pivot tables, formulas and create other logic formulas with ease
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Automotive accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge and Expertise in SAP preferred but not required
- Korean/English speaking a plus but not required
- CPA preferred
This is a long term, permanent opportunity with a full benefit’s package offered upon direct hire including premium health insurance, paid holidays and vacation time, annual compensation / performance reviews, 401k, and substantial internal advancement opportunities.
If interested, please forward an updated copy of your resume to Jobs.RochesterHillsMI@ExpressPros.com for immediate consideration.
Express Office: Rochester Hills
811 E South Boulevard
Rochester Hills, MI 48307