Located in Longview, WA
Express is seeking a Manual Machinist for an Evaluation to Hire position at a client site in Longview, WA.
Summary of Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Performs set-up and operation of various machine tools such as lathes, and milling machines in order to repair or manufacture valve related parts.
- Performs special purpose machine tool set-up and operation (such as valve seat cutting) in the field.
- Performs troubleshooting and repair of all types of valves and valve associated equipment both in the shop and traveling to customer location for work in the field.
- Operate and maintain various equipment to manufacture or repair valve parts including: milling machines, boring mills, lathes, drill presses, and metal presses.
Blueprint Reading and interpreting engineering details to manufactures and repairs valve parts.
- Use all types of precision measuring tools on work pieces to reverse engineer, manufacture, and verify conformance to specifications
Operation of material handling equipment, including: forklifts, hoists.
- Operation of various power tools, including: drills, band saws, etc.
- Lifting work piece manually or using hoist and secures work piece in fixture or loads
- Following written and oral instructions in English regarding daily functions, and regulations, and possible hazardous conditions.
Qualifications / Skills
- At least 3-5 years experience as a manual machinist in the metal industry or equivalent education and experience
- Ideal candidate would have mechanical experience preferably working on valves
Ability to sit, stand, bend, reach, kneel, twist, pull, push, grip, and climb safely through assigned shift.
- Able to understand and meet company & customer safe work and drug testing requirements
- Must be able to safely lift at least 25 lbs. and maneuver up to 100lbs.
- Ability to establish a rapport and maintain close effective working relationships with other employees and customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Welding skills would be a plus (stick, tig, wire feed)
- MS office and/or CAD Computer skills are a plus.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time - primarily in OR, WA & ID during outage season (March through May) - All accommodations covered by employer
- Complete the application on our website www.expresspros.com/longviewwa
- Submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Express Employment Professionals at 360-414-1200 or 360-225-0700 to speak with a hiring manager for a phone interview (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5:00pm).
"All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws."
Express Office: Longview
1208 Washington Way
Longview, WA 98632