Network Support Engineer (Permanent Position)
Located in Troy, MI
A leading end-to-end information technology and communication solutions provider is hiring a Network Support Engineer for their growing managed services team, located in Troy, MI. This multi-faceted provider offers leading-edge solutions ranging from designing and building I.T. infrastructure, to deploying and overseeing cloud and managed services, to offering top-notch technology consultants who can bring any communications dream to reality.
This is a full-time opportunity offering professional training and certification assistance, internal advancement, and stable employment within a team of highly experienced and passionate professionals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Will provide network and date center configuration and administration as a member of the Michigan Managed and Professional Services team. Execute procedures for break/fox repair, change requests, and scheduled maintenance. Responsible for assisting in the network design, along with implementation and support of network devices for multiple clients. Responsible for customer network and procedure documentation.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- At least three years of network support experience; highly prefer MSP experience
- Hands one experience with HR Aruba, Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Infobox
- Working with troubleshooting tools such as ping, traceroute, nslookup
- General understanding of IP sub netting including variable length subnet masks
- Experience with basic routing and an understanding of longest-match qualifier
- Experience with OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP routing protocols
- Working knowledge of ACLs
- Design/Configure Site-to-Site VPNs along with client VPNs
- Experience with Stateful Firewalls
- Special Knowledge/Skills Preferred:
- Advance knowledge of TCP/IP including sub netting
- Advance knowledge of static and dynamic routing
- Advance knowledge of Ethernet and Vlans
- Advance knowledge of DS3, T1, OCx, and ISDN circuit types
- Advanced knowledge of access-lists
- Advance knowledge of NATting and stateful inspection
- Advance knowledge of SNMP
- Advance knowledge of AAA authentication methods
- Advance knowledge of Unified Threat Protection from multiple manufacturers
- Network + Certification
- Cisco CCNP or above certification a huge plus
Schedule, Work Location, and Compensation:
- 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
- Requires occasional after-hours or weekend hours to perform maintenance work.
- Required to be on-call one week each month; any hours you work will be paid at 1.5 times your pay rate while on-call.
- Work Location:
- Will work out of the Troy office and remotely as approved by management
- May be required to travel to a client’s location on occasion. All travel is local and located within a 60-mile radius of Troy, MI. Travel is currently limited to essential visit’s only and proper PPE is provided.
- Mileage and any travel expenses incurred are reimbursable.
- Pay: Open and will depend upon experience and qualifications
This is a long term, permanent opportunity with a full benefit’s package offered upon direct hire including premium health insurance, paid holidays and substantial vacation time, annual compensation/ performance reviews, 401k with employer match, and internal advancement opportunities.
If interested, please forward an updated copy of your resume to Jobs.RochesterHillsMI@ExpressPros.com for immediate consideration.
Express Office: Rochester Hills
811 E South Boulevard
Rochester Hills, MI 48307