1st Shift Machining Assistant/ Shop Hand (Permanent Position)
Located in Sterling Heights, MI
A leading turnkey supplier of custom electrical test equipment is hiring a Machining Assistant/ Shop Hand for their Sterling Heights, MI location. Established in 1986, this custom job shop has an average employee tenure of 17 years and recently expanded into the medical industry in addition to servicing a large automotive client base. This is a full-time opportunity offering hands on training, substantial overtime and stable, long-term employment in an air-conditioned and fully heated manufacturing facility.
Required Skills, Shift and Compensation:
- At least one year of experience working in a manufacturing or production facility
- Experience operating machines; either on the job or through a vocational program in school
- Able to read a blueprint, measuring equipment and understands tolerances
- A strong interest in learning manual machining including setup and operating manual Bridgeport’s and Lathes
- Cross training on CNC machines
- Highly prefer candidates with their own basic tools
- 6:00am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
- 6:00am – 11:00am on Saturday
- A flexible start time is offered after initial probationary period
- $16.00-$18.00/hour to start depending upon experience and qualifications.
- Performance and compensation review after 90 days of employment and semi-annually thereafter.
This is a long term, permanent opportunity with a full benefit’s package offered upon direct hire including premium health insurance, paid holidays and substantial vacation time, annual compensation/ performance reviews, 401k with employer match, and internal advancement opportunities.
If interested, please forward an updated copy of your resume to Jobs.RochesterHillsMI@ExpressPros.com for immediate consideration.
Express Office: Rochester Hills
811 E South Boulevard
Rochester Hills, MI 48307