Industrial Pump repair Tech
Located in Longview, WA
Salary: $20-25 DOE
Express is seeking an Experienced Industrial Pump tech for an Evaluation to Hire position at a client site.
Position Overview: The Pump Technician will perform hands on maintenance, troubleshooting / assessment, and repair work on pumps.
Summary of Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Perform hands-on shop work and / or on-site disassembly, inspection, reporting, cleaning, and reassembly of pumps, and possibly other mechanical equipment.
- Interface with customer plant personnel and Service personnel to perform hands-on shop and / or on-site pump troubleshooting / assessment, maintenance, testing (pre / post), and / or repair of pumps, and other mechanical equipment
- Ensure work and used materials are in compliance with manufacturer specifications.
- Read and interpret schematics for assembly, repair, and reassembly as required including completion of applicable quality documentation in either paper or electronic form.
- Perform failure assessments and make recommendations to the Service supervisor as required.
- Perform day to day and routine safety observations and inspections.
Qualifications / Skills
- Able to work independently performing basic pump service / maintenance activities with the ability to accurately take measurements, complete documentation, and reference proper standards / documentation to ensure quality craftsmanship.
- Good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers and fellow employees.
- Understanding of pressure, temperature and other operating conditions and ability to service pumps in a production environment.
- Experience repairing at least 2 of the following Pump Types; API Overhung, Between Bearing, Multistage, ANSI, Vertical Turbines, Positive Displacement or Piston Preferred
- Familiar with NBIC, ANSI, API and ASME codes and their applications.
- Able to perform general machining using lathes, mills, and other machining equipment preferred.
- Experience in the energy, oil and gas, industrial, and pulp and paper industries with respect to system operations, pumps, and valves.
- Analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose systemic problems.
- Willing to be trained in skills other than the primary skill.
- Certificate holder for safe operation of Propane powered 5000 lb capacity forklift preferred.
- Additional mechanical skills including but not limited to machining and welding, mechanics
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook to generate service reports and communicate within the company including skills to navigate web-based service literature and programs is a plus.
- Complete the application on our website www.expresspros.com/longviewwa.
- Submit your resume via email to email@example.com
- Call Express Employment Professionals at 360-414-1200 or 360-225-0700 to speak with a hiring manager for a phone interview (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5:00pm).
"All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws."
Express Office: Longview
1208 Washington Way
Longview, WA 98632