Located in Redding, CA
Express Redding is recruiting now to hire a material handler for a local Jerky distributor.
If you'd like to be added to our workforce list then apply now, positions will fill quickly!
Hours: Monday-Friday 7a-5p, with occasional weekends.
The Material Handler is responsible for performing tasks involving the shipping and receiving of both raw and finished materials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Distribute the items received to the person or department for which the item was ordered.
Daily shipments must be picked, counts verified, pallets wrapped or stacked neatly for pick-ups, marked accordingly to customer, transportation and location of shipment.
Ensure products are correctly labeled and identified for proper storing and use.
Unload trucks and validate deliveries against appropriate documentation, and notify supervisor of discrepancies
Accurate and timely selecting of customers' order
Accurately completing work order sheets.
Follow daily production schedule and achieve specified goals
- 1-3 Months related manufacturing or food experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of warehouse and lift trucks experience.
- Basic knowledge of shipping/handling, purchasing, materials, and/or Manufacturing.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- Valid Driver's License
- Excellent attendance and dependability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail
- Work well with others/team
- Working knowledge of computers
- Excellent verbal communication skills; must work effectively with others.
Frequent standing, walking, bending, squatting, twisting, reaching, use of step stool, and lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds. Occasional climbing stairs, lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds.
Express Office: Redding
2697 Victor Avenue
Redding, CA 96002