Temporary Laboratory Technician Assistant
Located in Fresno, CA
Express Employment Professionals is hiring for a temporary Laboratory Technician Assistant for our client in the Fresno County area. This position is for a 3-6 month time frame.
The Laboratory Assistant is responsible for ensuring the successful completion of experimental research protocols dedicated to maintaining the quality of fresh produce.
The Lab Assistant is expected to:
- Take measurements of fruit quality parameters and document the findings.
- Mix and apply fruit protection products which may include food safe chemical treatments to experimental fruit.
- Wash and prepare fruit samples for experimentation.
- Conduct chemical extractions from produce samples.
- Operate lab equipment such as an autoclave, centrifuge, microscope, gas chromatograph.
- Enters data into computer data systems.
- Conduct micro-biology work using sterile laboratory techniques.
- May be expected to lift up to 40 lbs.
Skills and experience:
- Preferred: 2 or 4 year degree in Chemistry, Applied Science, Microbiology, Biology, Agriculture or similar field
- Strong organizational skills to manage and prioritize tasks
- Critical thinking and trouble shooting.
- Knowledge of microbiology laboratory techniques.
- Ability to follow written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Familiarity with computer software such as word processors, statistical and database applications.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds. May need to crouch, crawl, climb a ladder or walk up stairs for sample collection and preparation.
- Work environment may be hot, cold, loud, humid or slippery.
- Experience working with microbiological or plant pathology cultures and use of aseptic techniques
- HPLC and GC or GCMS experience
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Express Office: Fresno (East)
7411 North Cedar
Fresno, CA 93720