Machinist 2nd shift
Located in Wrightsville, PA
Salary: $16.00 to $23.00/hr DOE
Second shift, (4) four (10) ten-hour days Monday thru Thursday. Willing to train the right individual. Shift hours are 2:30 pm to 1 am which includes 30 minutes of unpaid lunch.
Job Description: Machinists set up, program, and operate various types of machines on the manufacturing floor. Performs all assembly work to build or repair fixtures, templates, gauges, and miscellaneous machine parts.
- Handles material to and from work area using jib or overhead cranes or other material handling equipment, as required.
- Interprets prints and sketches. Plans and determines working procedures for tool and material requirements. Makes sketches of parts and performs any layout as required.
- Calculates and determines dimensions, tapers, indices and other data using shop formulas and handbooks.
- Selects and grinds tools, as required, in accordance with hardness, desired finish and other properties of parts or materials to be machined.
- Procures and makes jigs, fixtures, or machine attachments required for the work to be machined.
- Sets up, programs, and operates various types of machines, adjusts stops, feeds, speeds, indexing, tapering or threading attachments.
- Machines and hand work parts to precision tolerances and required finishes.
- Assembles, fits, aligns, levels, and adjusts machinery and equipment.
- Uses precision measuring instruments and bar optics to verify accuracy of required dimensions.
- Uses personal computer or other data acquisition devices as required.
- Keeps work area safe and clean.
- Runs work cellsVarious types of machine tools such as CNC machines, lathes, saws, grinders, horizontal boring mills and milling machines. Machinist hand tools and measuring instruments such as wrenches, hammers, scrapers, files, scribes, protractors, micrometers, gages, levels and squares. Various portable power tools such as drills, grinders, and also uses ladders, platforms, blueprints, and sketches. Jib and overhead cranes. Personal computers.
- Mazak, Fanuc Controlled Mills, Doosan, Okuma, Southwestern Prototrak, and Mastercam are part of our daily operations.
- Tool and Equipment Utilized
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our office at 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com
Express Office: York
2210 East Market Street
York, PA 17402