Material Handler 2nd shift
Located in York, PA
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00/hr
Dress code: Jeans, t-shirt, close toed shoes, NO jewelry, nothing with holes, rips, tears or with profanity on it or offensive
Length of assignment: Evaluation hire depending on job performance, attitude, and attendance
- Job Description: Pull, pre-stage, and supply required materials (raw materials, sub assemblies, purchased parts, packaging materials, etc.) to work centers accurately and within timeframe required.
- Return unused materials and scrap from work centers to material storage area within timeframe required to customer satisfaction.
- Transport finished goods to shipping and receiving within timeframe required to customer satisfaction.
- Organize material storage areas and general building and grounds areas (pallets, returnable containers, WIP, packaging materials, etc.) to customer satisfaction.
- Perform inventory verifications within timeframe required to customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as needed (job discontinuance procedure, stage rework work centers, retrieving tools, etc.) within timeframe required to customer satisfaction.
Core Role Expectations (for all New Standard Associates)
- Keep commitments to internal and external customers and address concerns and requests to their satisfaction. Assume full ownership for role responsibilities.
- Understand and conform to NSC's Quality Management System.
- Seek-out and implement new ways to accomplish assigned tasks, solve problems, and/or improve processes.
- Communicate, resolve conflict, maintain a positive attitude, nurture teamwork, and build effective professional relationships with others.
- Show concern for safety of self/others and proactively act in a safe manner to protect people and property. ( Goal: Zero recordable accidents).
- Demonstrate effective housekeeping habits (including 5S).
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities, including the application of Six Sigma methodology and tools when appropriate.
Experience and Education Required:
(Required (R) or Desired/Preferred (D)
(R) Read, Write and Speak English
(R) High school diploma or GED
(R) Strong interpersonal skills
(R) Attention to detail
Job Specific Competencies
- Forklift license
- Crane license
- Mathematical ability
- Attention to detail (high)
- Manual dexterity (for certain tasks)
- RWS welder operation
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Cooperation with others/Teamwork
- Customer/Quality focus
- Housekeeping (5s)
- Initiative/drive, results oriented
- Judgment & decision making
- Problem solving (including corrective & preventative action)
- Process orientation & continuous improvement focus
- Safety focus
- Time management
- Written and oral communications
- QMS (Quality Management Systems)
- Understanding of business processes within scope of responsibilityWork Environment:
- Walking, bending, standing, carrying product, reaching overhead and heavy lifting required
- Job requires the ability to stand or walk 10 – 12 hours
- Ability to frequently lift and carry material weighing up to 35 pounds
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our office at 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com
Express Office: York
2210 East Market Street
York, PA 17402