Located in York, PA
Salary: $17.00 to $21.00/hr DOE
Length of assignment: Evaluation hire depending on job performance, attitude, and attendance
Job Description: Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead industrialization efforts and change management activities within the organization for new and existing products.
- Review and validate proposed product changes and new product implementation.
- Propose, plan, implement and support activities aimed at efficiency improvements and best in class manufacturing practices through process optimization and/or product development cost reduction projects by identifying opportunities and executing.
- Utilize organization’s Quality and Productivity metrics to identify opportunities and track the impact of implementations.
- Champion the application of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tool sets.
- Plan and lead Kaizen events across the facility to support continuous improvement opportunities
- Implement defect prevention procedures and/or processes in product design or application.
- Create, Develop and maintain standard work instructions, SPLs(single point lessons) and other manufacturing documentation.
- Implements BOMs within MRP system with process and material flow setup
- Analyze new equipment and process technologies for potential application in elevator and escalator products.
- Lead and support general cost reduction projects by identifying opportunities and executing.
- Cooperation with significant interfaces such as: Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Supplier Development, Operations, Customer Installation Expert, Customer Field Project Manager and Product/Tool/Process Management.
- Support Engineering analysis in solving complex manufacturing, installation and service problems.
- Act as technical product and process support for various activities and initiatives across the facility.
- Analyze and solve complex manufacturing, installation and service problems.
- Coordinate 3rd party contactor and maintenance activities as necessary related to change management and continuous improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 2-4 years Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering Experience
- Proficiency implementing Lean & Six Sigma concepts
- Strong Multi-tasking and Organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, proactively and independently as well as in a team-based environment.
- Ability to take a “Hands-On” approach to all tasks at hand.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Experience in one of more CAD systems (ie: AutoCAD, PTC Creo, SolidWorks)
- Experience with SAP preferred
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Develop & communicate a shared ambition - Brings fresh insight and forms ambitious plans for the achievement of goals. Consistent communication of these plans to a wide audience, ensuring that all employees understand the way forward and their role in the achievement of team, department, and organizational goals.
- Inspire people - The ability to energize and inspire others with an unshakeable belief and passion for the success of Schindler by providing purpose and direction, showing courage and encouraging others to do the same.
- Promote teamwork - Builds strong, cohesive teams and work across organizational, functional, geographic, and zone boundaries. Leverage best practices from different parts of the organization and maximize economies of scale.
- Develop people - Creates a learning environment and commitment to building capability of people within the organization. Establishes feedback and development opportunities to bridge knowledge and skill gaps, allocates challenging responsibilities for development purposes, and adopting a coaching, mentoring and facilitative approach to leadership that continuously nurturing of talents and aspirations.
- Think & act like an entrepreneur - Demonstrates the capacity to view a situation, problem, or opportunity from multiple perspectives at the same time and to develop alternative solutions to support business decisions.
- Drive for results -Focuses on the achievement of business results for a team, branch, or organizational unit by overcome obstacles and barriers and deliver to the highest possible standards. Consistently hitting goals and objectives and pushing oneself and others to achieve stretch goals.
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our office at 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com
Express Office: York
2210 East Market Street
York, PA 17402