Maintenance and Mold Technician-Covington, GA $15-$20/hr
Located in Covington, GA
A Plastics company in Covington is seeking a Maintenance & Mold Technician!
Pay: $15-$20/hr. (Willing to pay more for someone with relevant experience and their own tools.)
Temp to hire!
The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible to respond, troubleshoot and perform repair work on injection molding machines, Vacuum Molding Equipment and other manufacturing and material handling equipment as needed. Additionally maintain all auxiliary equipment for water, power, pneumatics, hydraulics and HVAC equipment. Mold Technician’s responsibility is to work with a team to set up machines for processing by removing one set of tooling and installing the next run’s tooling.
- Respond, troubleshoot, and perform emergency repair work on manufacturing equipment in a timely manner based on priority established by management.
- Monitor and complete preventative maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and electronic equipment including injection molding machines and material handling equipment including fork trucks.
- Identify and communicate all needs towards maintaining a critical spare part inventory.
- Conduct regularly scheduled maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Diagnose problems with equipment and repair/replace defective parts.
- Support and comply with all safety guidelines.
- Set up machines for production runs through removing one set of tooling and installing the next runs tooling and assist the production technician during the start-up of a new production run.
- Perform planned maintenance on all molding and material handling equipment.
- Work with outside contractors to repair, refurbish or install building systems and equipment on schedule as needed.
- Repair all building issues in accordance with good workmanlike standards.
- Successful completion of 4 years of high school, or equivalent plus two years technical college preferably focusing in the areas of mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulics, or pneumatic systems repairs (preferred).
- One to three years of experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Certificate in trouble shooting and or repair of hydraulic or electrical systems (preferred).
- Good understanding of pneumatic control circuits, installation and troubleshooting including hands-on work with injection molding equipment.
- Technical ability to read and interpret hydraulic prints and electrical schematics.
If interested, call Kristian Patterson at 678-342-8244, ext. 303 or e-mail your resume to Kristian.Patterson@expresspros.com.
Express Office: Covington
10232 Industrial Boulevard Northeast
Covington, GA 30014