Located in Santa Cruz, CA
JOB DESCRIPTION Summary/Objective Final Assembly and in-process testing. Will also be responsible for various production activities such as kitting of product for shipment to customers and product preparation for issuance to the Stockroom. Under direct supervision, performs one or more repetitive jobs on an assembly or sub-assembly line to produce radio equipment products.
1. Assembles building radio equipment ensuring assembly procedures are followed. Processes include insertion or positioning of printed circuit boards, fitting parts and use of both hand and power tools.
2. Plans and implements the assembly or sub-assembly process by reading and understanding set up and gathers necessary materials and tools to complete work order/pick list.
3. Ensures that sub-assembled and assembled items meet specific quality specifications; may propose process improvements to increase finished quality or efficiency of assembly processes.
4. Plans and paces own work efficiency to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related production goals.
5. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
6. Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
7. Follow all ESD material handling procedures.
8. Other duties may be assigned.
9. Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
10. Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling. The employee must lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. 2 Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School graduate or equivalent
2. Candidate should have a minimum of one year experience in Assembly, Stockroom or other related fields.
1. Must have excellent communication skills.
2. Must be able to work with limited supervision.
3. Knowledge of and ability to use a variety hand and power tools to assemble
4. Manual dexterity
5. Knowledge of safety procedures while performing assembly tasks
6. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
7. Ability to read and understand process procedures. Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Express Office: Santa Cruz
9000 Soquel Avenue
Santa Cruz, CA 95062