Machinist (Manual) - Full Time, Direct Hire
Located in Pelham, AL
Salary: Up to $22/hr +/, dep on exper.
$19.00 - $22.00 +/- /hr. to start, depending on experience. Mon-Fri, 6 am - 4:30 pm (off 2:30 on Fri's). Saturday overtime opportunities for additional $$. Pelham.
Direct Hire opportunity (not temp-to-hire). 65% of health insurance paid for, plus secondary ins. & dental. 100% paid vision, short & long term disability. 401k plan
Are you ready for a CHANGE?! This is a full time, permanent opening with a growing, established company. You will be operating a variety of manufacturing machines, producing precision parts for air handling and other equipment.
- Operate manual machines, to produce precision parts for air handling and other equipment.
- Able to read, understand, and know how to produce from blueprint drawings regarding materials, dimensions, precision requirements, etc.
- Machine change-outs and setups.
- Machine maintenance; greasing/oiling, maintaining filters etc.
- Troubleshoot mechanical/electrical issues with machines.
- Manual work involving hand tools and air powered tools.
- Working in well-ventilated fab/machine shop.
- Can be physical work, but no lifting over 40 lbs typically.
- Steel toed boots, long pants required; boots provided after 1st year.
- Proactively practice safety measures, attend safety meetings, maintain safe & clean work environment, etc.
HERE'S WHAT MAKES YOU A GREAT CANDIDATE:
- Must have MANUAL machinist experience (not CNC) ...
- Working knowledge and recent experience re: MANUAL machinist trade tools and measuring devices and operating processes.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities; strong communication skills - written and verbal.
- Basic reading, comprehension & math skills.
- Able to work any shift, overtime, be on call or work 7 days per week if needed.
- Good teamwork / collaboration skills; able to also work independently and stay on schedule.
- Proven record of attendance reliability.
- Strong safety practices; work habits.
- Able to physically handle demands of the job, including able to lift over 50 lbs if needed, able to access all plant locations, able to work in industrial environments.
IF YOU FIT THE BILL, WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU! 3 WAYS TO APPLY...
- Apply online - click "APPLY NOW" below to get started.
- Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include "Machinist" in subject line.
- CALL US at 205-981-1141
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242