Located in Benton Harbor, MI
Salary: $58,500 per year/salary
Job Summary: The Agency Nurse is responsible for administering medication, completing nursing quarterly reviews and updating care plans quarterly, and, as needed, communicating with caregivers/families/ Agency Care Managers and physicians, regarding a client’s condition.
- Location: Benton Harbor, MI
- Position Type: Full-Time, Professional
- Pay/Salary: $58,500 per year salary
- Schedule: 1st Shift
Responsibilities/Duties of Agency Nurse:
- Provide client care consistent with the company’s policies, procedures, and code of conduct
- Serves as a co-chair of the Health & Safety Committee.
- Will perform evaluation and placement of intradermal TB skin tests to employees as required.
- Helps to organize and facilitate support groups, including Powerful Tools for Caregivers groups.
- Will conduct CPR, First Aid, medication, and other training as needed.
- Performs mouth swab drug screens on employees as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Participates in agency and community training in order to retain licensure and promote professional growth.
- Will maintain first aid and disaster boxes for each program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Agency Nurse:
- Possession of a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of one (1) year of Registered Nurse experience preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in nursing practice conducive to Adult Day Services and Homecare procedures (observe clients in the environment, listen to clients, and having patience with the elderly and disabled).
- Demonstrated good organizational and communication skills and maintaining confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Utilize infection control procedures.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and using the Internet.
- Complete multiple duties and tasks correctly and on time without being prompted.
- Willing to learn program-specific computer applications.
- Work cooperatively with management and staff across all levels.
- Working knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease, related dementia, and disabilities.
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals of Southwest Michigan is a local employment agency that has been helping people find jobs in Southwest Michigan since 2007. Our goal is to find permanent, long-term positions at some of the best companies in our area. We want to help you find that perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment needs, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Free Online Training
- Chances to win cash and prizes!
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit our website at Express Employment Professionals of SWMI, or like/follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Express Office: Saint Joseph
4070 Red Arrow Highway
Saint Joseph, MI 49085