2nd shift Machine Adjuster
Located in Auburn, MA
Reports to: Operations Supervisor - Folding
Set up and operate various flexographic and short-run offset printing machines.
• Follow all safety procedures, including running machines only when guards are in place, wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, report all near misses and incidents immediately.
• Enter commands, instruction, or specifications into equipment, adjust controls to regulate flow of production materials or products ensuring quality products are produced. Check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration.
• Maintain production equipment and lubricate as necessary.
• Direct operational or production activities for the production run.
• Download data and record operational or production data. Maintain time or production records, enter information utilizing computers.
• Evaluate quality of materials or products. Verify paper & ink meet job specifications.
• Mount, load or feed materials or products into or through equipment.
• Inspected printed materials or other images to verify quality.
• Install mechanical components in production equipment.
• Load materials into production equipment.
• Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning.
• Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
• Change press plates, anilox rolls, doctor head blades etc.
• Obtain or mix inks and fill ink fountains.
• Capable of controlling the equipment and processes.
• Move in tight areas, sometimes in awkward positions.
• Decision making and problem-solving abilities
• Communicate with Supervisors and Peers
• Handle heavy obtains
• Ensure quality assurance
• Read, write, and communicate information.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication) with whole numbers and fractions.
• Ability to read and understand measurements
Education and Experience
High school or technical school training.
Duties and Responsibilities
000100 - Machine Adjuster
Employee will be moving for the length of the shift, walk, stand, lift continuously. Must have finger and hand dexterity. May reach, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, crouch, and reach at odd angles.
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment
Occasionally moves/lifts up to 40 pounds; moves items over 100 pounds (with mechanical assistance).
Frequently moves up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Distance vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception; Ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to see and distinguish between colors.
Typical manufacturing environment including prolonged exposure to loud machine & noises, temperature varies, continuously working around machinery with fast, moving parts. the employee is occasionally Toxic or caustic chemicals; Extreme cold (non-weather); Extreme heat (non-weather); Risk of electrical shock; the employee is regularly Work near moving mechanical parts; Work in high, precarious places. The entire plant area is built on concrete floors.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Express Office: Worcester
1241 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01603