Edge Banding Operator - 1st Shift
Located in Temple, TX
Salary: $11.00/ hr
Edge Banding Operator
Currently seeking an Edge Banding Operator to operate and maintain of edge band equipment. The Edge Banding Operator will apply edging to materials and parts as specified on job order forms.
Responsibilities of the Edge Banding Operator:
- Feed edge banding into machine and be able to feed unprocessed parts and catch processed parts.
- Able to monitor quality of edging on parts.
- Ability to learn the operation of the edge band equipment.
- Remove and move completed parts to next milling operation.
- Ensure safety within assigned area of responsibility.
- Able to read a tape measure in standard and metric.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements of the Edge Banding Operator:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Must be familiar with measuring tools (including metric), interpret visual aids, and must be able to perform simple shop math
- Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance
- Noise level in the work environment is usually loud and requires hearing protection
- Work is performed in a non-climate controlled shop environment
- Occasionally exposed to airborne particles and eye protection must be worn in the production areas
Benefits/Salary of the Edge Banding Operator:
- Monday – Friday 6:00am to 4:30pm
- Must be available to work Overtime
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501