Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits
Be a part of the future! One of Central Oregon’s well-established, alternative energy teams is seeking an experienced Hardware Electrical Engineer to join their team!
Where You Ge to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get to Do!
This role is part of a team tasked with the design and implementation of various products in the area of fuel cell power systems. The key responsibility of this position is the development of new, and support of existing, PC applications and firmware used for engineering, design validation testing, product prototyping, as well as production systems. The candidate filling this position will work on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Develop and maintain embedded Linux applications, including support of database, web, CANbus, SNMP, SMS feature sets.
- Design, develop and implement custom Windows PC applications in C#/.NET that communicate with system microcontrollers for engineering system control, data collection, and custom-built test equipment
- Assist with the development of microcontroller firmware written in C
- Ability to take a project from concept to completion, including system analysis and functional specification, design, prototyping, implementation, testing and troubleshooting
- Adopt and expand existing software libraries for maximized code reusability
- Develop a strong fundamental understanding of existing fuel cell controls
- Select, test and integrate hardware and software components
- Work with other developers and engineers to develop innovative solutions to challenging technical problems
- Travel to our national and international partners for project and team activities
What You Will Need:
The ideal candidate is someone
- With a broad experience in multiple programming languages and methodologies, and the ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Who has a solid understanding of classical control methodologies and their implementation in production equipment
- Who has a solid understanding of fuel cell technology and fuel cell process control
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, or Engineering Degree or equivalent, specializing in electrical controls. BSEE or BSCS preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software engineering
- Proficiency in C# programming for Windows in Visual Studio
- Some familiarity with the C programming language
- Familiarity with one or more common data transfer protocols such as RS-232, USB, Ethernet, and CAN
- Ability to develop low-level software requirements from high-level system requirements
- Familiarity with software revision control systems
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and control devices such as sensors, motors and valves
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills in written and verbal form. Must be capable of communicating technical concepts clearly and concisely to all team members
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Ability to follow an organized and disciplined approach to the software design process
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702