Provider Leadership Development Consultant
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Excellent comp & benefits!
Where You Get to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get to Do!
The Provider Leadership Development Consultant is responsible for driving the organization’s provider leadership, organizational, cultural development and effectiveness strategies, ensuring that they align with and support business and people goals and strategies. With a variety of key stakeholders, the Consultant creates and evolves a vision, plan, project coordination and cultural development growth initiatives on an on-going basis for all current and emerging provider leaders. This work will begin with spearheading our AHRQ’s TeamSTEPPS implementation and the creation of the Provider University curriculum. Reporting directly to the Director of People and Organizational Development, this experienced professional will serve as a member of the Human Resources Organizational Development team, partnering closely with Provider Leadership, and will have a broad sphere of influence throughout the organization.
- Assesses, designs, develops, implements and evaluates leadership and talent strategies to attract, grow, develop, support and retain physicians and advanced practice practitioners throughout the organization.
- Facilitates individual growth and helps to develop personal leadership methods and practices that supports authentic leadership, cultivates loyal teams, and creates a positive work environment that focuses on safety, quality and exceptional experiences for patients and caregivers alike.
- Facilitates learning that helps physician leaders and advanced practitioners drive business results through the development and implementation of key Organizational
- Effectiveness strategies and processes.
- Spearheads provider talent management and leadership development strategies, tools and processes in the disciplines of performance management, succession planning, talent assessment, individual and team-based coaching, development planning, and competency/capability identification to develop providers and leaders to meet the current and future business needs.
- Partners with and coaches provider leadership and workgroups they collaborate with to help them effectively manage cross-functional teams and implement data-driven decisions.
- Collaborates on provider leadership engagement initiatives and culture-building processes.
- Serves as a change leader and coach to help provider leadership with the development and implementation of effective talent and performance management processes.
- Provides expertise and thought leadership on topics such as change leadership, diversity, inclusion and equity, performance management, engagement, succession planning and learning and development.
- Builds and maintains strong partnerships with provider colleagues, HR colleagues, and internal and external key partners to help identify, develop and accomplish initiatives within the organization.
- Provides focused development on safety and creating an environment in which caregivers and providers feel comfortable and able to speak up.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the organization in all respects.
- Champions Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a leader of change.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers, patients and guests.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization’s corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violation of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all organizational investigations and proceedings.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Clinical area (Nursing, Advanced Practice, Ancillary Clinical, etc.), Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Management or related discipline.
- MBA or advanced degree in clinical practice, human resources or related field preferred
- Preferred certifications include ICF-credentialed Coaching Certification, Professional certification such as CPTD®, SHRM-CP®, SHRM-SCP®, PHR® and SPHR, or TeamSTEPPS certification through AHRQ.
- 5 – 7 years of relevant, increasingly responsible experience, including previous experience working in a strategic business role from start-up development through maturation of systems thinking and execution.
- 5-7 years of experience in strategic, healthcare organizational development efforts.
- Effective communication skills and ability to influence and empower at all levels within the organization, from individual contributors through executive leadership teams through a variety of mediums (e.g. in-person, small- to large-classroom and virtual).
- Demonstrated ability to translate business needs into strategic initiatives and drive them to successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve both individual and team results through a fact-based, collaborative, analytical approach.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and mentor talent at all levels.
- Well-versed in talent and organizational effectiveness subject matter.
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702