Machine Operator/Laminating Operator 2nd and 3rd shift
Located in York, PA
Job summary: Assist in directing the assistant operator/inspector on assigned laminator
while performing various tasks associated with laminator operation. In charge of the crew in the absence of the lead operator. Capable of setup and operate laminator.
Reports to: Lead Laminator Operator
- Assist in directing and training of subordinate laminating associates on processes, equipment, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Work with lead laminator and managers to coordinate schedules to maximize productivity, uptime, quality and completion of schedules.
- Help in maintaining a safe working environment for all manufacturing associates
- Assist in the control of wasting material in maintaining zero variance ensuring maximum material utilization.
- Have good working relationship and daily contact with other associates. Working closely with material management and quality control departments
- Recommend quality and process improvements in the laminating processes and recommend equipment upgrades that would improve production efficiency and overall performance.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining appropriate production records. Keep accurate records of departmental activities as required.
- Follow department and company safety regulations.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To safely operate, maintain and perform and written
instructions with little or no supervision. To work in a mechanically adjustments on the laminator. Ability to understand and carry out routine oral oriented situations following instructions of lead operator or manager. Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions associated with operating laminating and coating equipment.
Experience and Training: One to three years of related experience in the laminating, coating or
web-feeding field and forklift operation. High school graduate or equivalent with additional courses in engineering and mechanics desirable.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. Lifting up to 80 pounds on a regular basis. Must have use of both hands. Scheduled shifts require long hours with the associate standing the majority of the shift. Must be able to climb ladders and walk on elevated walkways. Able to mount and dismount forklift in a safe manner.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a non-air-conditioned manufacturing facility
I have received a copy of and have read this position description. I understand my duties as stated and agree to carry them out.
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our office at 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Scholarship Program
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com
Express Office: York
2210 East Market Street
York, PA 17402