Materials Handler 1 / Forklift Driver
Located in Woodland, WA
Express Employment Professionals is looking for a material handler for our client in Cowlitz County.
The main objective of a Materials Handler/Forklift Driver is to perform shipping & receiving and materials handling of parent rolls, finishing supplies, and finished goods so that we have accurate inventory at all times (including where that inventory is on the floor), so that operators have the correct materials for production, and to maintain a clear record of what has been shipped in order to meet customer needs.
Materials Handlers/Forklift Drivers must have complete knowledge of the products produced; as well as what materials are to be used to make each product and where those raw materials are located in the plant. (To be obtained on the job.)
- RF/Bar Code Scanner
- Forklift (upright and sit-down, box clamp and roll grab), yard mule.
- Automatic box taper, air grinding wheel, vertical baler, hand truck, pallet jack, log saw
Proficiency in basic arithmetic, language, and reading.
High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment.
Ability to follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records.
Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
Dependable and Responsible. Self-managing.
1 year or equivalent Forklift experience, roll-grab and box clamp would be a plus.
Be able to lift 50 pounds.
Able to perform basic computer functions.
- Receiving supplies and placing them in appropriate inventory area.
- Inspect incoming supplies for damage or defects, noting for vendor specific waste.
- Providing each machine with the appropriate parent rolls, the exact amount of boxes needed, and additional supplies to be used in planned production.
- Remove from operations and store all finished good and unused material.
- Cut cores as necessary.
- Prepare the order to be shipped one day before ship date. Match each product to Bill of Lading. Make sure each pallet has customer order number. Number the pallets. Check for quality and physical damage.
- Load trucks and vans with finished goods to customer. QUALITY AND ACCURACY of product shipped is a must in order to ensure customer satisfaction. Have driver sign bill of lading.
- Advise to Administrative Assistance (receptionist) and Supervisor of any changes or problems.
- Operate shipping and receiving equipment to deliver production supplies in a safe and timely manner, to prepare customer orders for shipment according to bill of lading
- Safely and efficiently load/unload trucks during the set appointment timeframe.
- On time shipment and unloading is critical. Make sure you know when your product or material is shipping.
- Track location of finish product.
- Track location of operating supplies.
Schedule: Able to work day, swing or graveyard
Pay: $14.50/hr for training
Benefits of working with Express:
- Medical benefits
- Sick Pay
- Referral bonuses
At Express, we will assess your skills; offer you interview and resume writing tips, and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. You will never pay a fee at Express and you will have the opportunity to earn benefits. We have more than 200 jobs available every month and we want to talk to you! To find our more, contact us today!
- Complete the application on our website www.expresspros.com/longviewwa.
- Submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Express Employment Professionals at 360-414-1200 to speak with a hiring manager for a phone interview (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5:00pm).
"All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws."
Express Office: Longview
1208 Washington Way
Longview, WA 98632