Located in Olympia, WA
Gather, prepare and accurately process required documentation for Association consumer and mortgage loans. Process and prepare all commitments made by Loan Committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor online application systems for both mortgage and consumer applications received.
- Organize, input, update and maintain accurate loan files and documentation.
- Order income, deposit and asset verification documents, credit reports and appraisals, flood determinations, property profiles and preliminary title reports, loan payoffs, OFAC reports and other reports as needed.
- Prepare and deliver mortgage disclosures and adverse action notices.
- Update loans to borrower list.
- Report application progress to involved real estate agents.
- Prepare monthly HELOC report.
- Responsible for proper decision inputs in system for all originated and non-originated applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to accurately process an average of 30 loans per month.
- Project a professional, business-like image.
- Have excellent public and customer relations skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, determine their needs, maintain their confidence and goodwill, and establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Requires a thorough understanding of banking regulations and Association policies and procedures with demonstrated ability to quickly and independently interpret and apply policies and regulations.
- Must have organizational skills and composure at all times, even in under pressure situations. Requires flexibility and adaptability to prioritize a fluctuating workload in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
- Ability to utilize a variety of analytical techniques and exercise independent judgment to solve problems and identify strategies to solve complex customer needs.
- Exercise customer confidentiality and discretionary judgment.
- Requires exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate and explain complex banking, lending and legal regulations and documents.
- Requires proficiency in basic computer programs including Microsoft Office and Adobe with the ability to learn new software.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well. Arithmetic ability to perform basic calculations involving the use of decimals and percentages.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable Association Policies and Federal Regulations including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, Office of Foreign Assets Control, Privacy, Rights to Financial Privacy, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending, Fair Housing Act, ECOA, RESPA, HPML, Truth in Lending and HMDA.
- Requires High school diploma, GED or equivalent skills.
- Prior customer service experience.
- At least two years’ experience in loan origination or servicing of real estate loans, or closely related field.
- One year of recent processing experience or a demonstrated knowledge of updated lending guidelines.
- Must be bondable.
Express Office: Olympia
1120 Harrison Avenue Northwest
Olympia, WA 98502