Director of Human Resources
Located in Benton Harbor, MI
Salary: $52,000 per year salary
Director of Human Resources
Job Summary: Report to the Executive Director, the Director of Human Resources oversees recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance management, training and development, and other duties as assigned. The Director of Human Resources supervises and coordinates the work and professional development of the Human Resources Department employees.
- Location: Benton Harbor, MI
- Position Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
- Pay/Salary: $52,000 per year/salary
- Schedule: 1st Shift
Responsibilities/Duties of Director of Human Resources:
- Monitors and ensures the company’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to assist in fulfilling the company’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Administers and oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to staffing and recruiting needs, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; training and development and analytical research and reporting.
- Assists with the development and monthly monitoring of the departmental budget.
- Is a member of and participates in all meetings of the company’s management and leadership teams.
- Is a member of other organization committees as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Performs other duties as required
Qualifications for Director of Human Resources:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least three years of Human Resource management experience required
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the company and its employees
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the company’s HRIS and talent management systems.
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals of Southwest Michigan is a local employment agency that has been helping people find jobs in Southwest Michigan since 2007. Our goal is to find permanent, long-term positions at some of the best companies in our area. We want to help you find that perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment needs, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Free Online Training
- Chances to win cash and prizes!
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit our website at Express Employment Professionals of SWMI, or like/follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Express Office: Saint Joseph
4070 Red Arrow Highway
Saint Joseph, MI 49085