Fabrication Welder (CWB Certified a Must)
Located in Ottawa, ON
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 / hr
Our client specializes in the custom fabrication of trucks, trailers, emergency vehicles and electrical enclosures and containers. They are located in Carp and looking for a CWB Certified Fabrication Welder to join their team on a full-time permanent basis. We are in search of a motivated individual who is eager to learn new skills, grow professionally and expand their experience.
Why work for this organization:
- Long-standing company with opportunities for advancement
- Health and dental benefits after probation
- Opportunities to lean new skills
- Variety of work and challenges
Required Skills, and Qualifications:
- Valid CWB Certified Welder certification
- Previous experience with MIG welding strongly preferred, TIG and SMAW considered an asset
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing / fabrication environment preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics or welding process specifications
- Experience conducting repairs, modifications and retrofits
- Ability to read a tape measure and add complex fractions
- College diploma in Welding is considered an asset
- Must have own vehicle (location not bus accessible)
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix problems
- Keen attention to detail
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Weld / Fabricate a variety of custom vehicles and electrical containers / enclosures
- Identify and weld different types of steel (Aluminum & Stainless a strong asset)
- Read and interpret fabrication drawings and produce rough sketches (abbreviations, symbols for welding/assembly, tolerances)
- Fabricate and weld both small and large components
- Inspect raw materials and finished product to ensure meets design specifications
- Use various tools and equipment such as MIG, TIG, SMAW, calipers, wrenches, drills, grinders etc.
- Assess the finished products’ technical performance in comparison to required specifications
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
- Assist team members with various projects when required
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space, free of safety hazards
- Other duties as assigned
The wage for this position starts between $20.00 to $30.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Monday to Friday – 7:00am to 3:30pm. Please note that the odd overtime during an evening or weekend may be required to meet project deadlines.
The ideal candidate is looking for a long-term career. This is an excellent opportunity to take some initiative and establish yourself with an organization that invests in their people and provides a great work atmosphere and learning/growth opportunities.
If you are interested and believe you meet the specified qualifications, please reply to this ad with your Resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Express Employment Professionals; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Express Employment Professionals is an equal opportunity employer.
Express Office: Ottawa
Ottawa, ON K1G 0Y9