Located in Redmond, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits
A well-established Central Oregon team is growing!
Where You Get to Live!
Redmond, Oregon is located in the heart of Central Oregon! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of the region at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get to Do!
The Accountant is responsible for preparing financial records in accordance with US GAAP and corporate accounting policy. Including the preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and internal control documentation. This role will work closely with the Assistant Controller and Controller to support them in meeting the daily operations needs of the department. In addition, the Accountant II will need to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and third parties.
This position requires knowledge of US GAAP, external reporting requirements and internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley. Two to three years of public accounting experience performing audits is required. The Accountant II must be able to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently to meet deadlines. This is a deadline driven position that will require overtime and occasional weekends.
- Preparing monthly standard journal entries in accordance with US GAAP and timely to meet COTC reporting timeline. Monthly standard journal entries include, but are not limited to, amortization of prepaids, expense accruals, debt advances, acquisition or sale of assets, etc.
- Prepare internal control documentation for Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account analysis and reconciling activity with supporting documentation
- Developing easy to use spreadsheets that support general ledger activity
- Answers accounting and financial questions by applying an understanding of accounting principles to general ledge transactions
- Supports the Controller and Assistant Controller with all corporate reporting requirements
- Assists the Controller and Assistant Controller with maintaining the accuracy of, and supporting documents for, lease agreements, debt agreements and other financial agreements
- Maintains the organization of paper and electronic files that supports the general ledger activity
- Performs other accounting, financial or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice – by the Assistance Controller or Controller
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- A minimum of two years of experience public accounting experience
- CPA is preferred, but not required
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets
- Must have strong, concise written and oral communication skills
- Must be well organized
- Behave with a high degree of integrity
- Demonstrate a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team, and follow directions well with a high level of accuracy and dedication
- Complete tasks timely with a great attention to detail
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702