Customer Service Representative
Located in Lewis Center, OH
Lewis Center, OH
This position assumes responsibility for assisting customers, providing information as it pertains to product, placing orders, maintaining and shipping orders by performing the following duties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (The following duties and responsibilities are all essential job functions, as defined by the ADA, except for those that begin with the word "May.")
- Retrieve and distribute daily reports.
- Responsible for order entry, maintenance, editing, maintain customer pricing, cross references, shipping instructions and all permanent information relating to a customer order.
- Scanning, indexing, filing.
- Communicate with customer for new orders.
- Communicate and process customer complaints following internal ISO standards.
- Issue RGA number when necessary.
- Responsible for expediting orders if necessary.
- Provide customers with pricing and availability of products by telephone, fax, email, or walk-in customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others'' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone''s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and or three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees if the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database Software; Inventory software; Manufacturing Software; Order Processing Systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (The following statements describe the physical abilities required to perform the essential job functions, although exceptions may be made to these requirements based on the principle of reasonable accommodation.)
While performing the duties of this position, employees are required to sit for extended periods of time, talk or hear, in person or by telephone; use hands receptively to finger, handle feel or operate standard office equipment and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk, stand and lift up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus, work at computer monitors for extended periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reports directly to the Central Office Manager
96 West William St.
Delaware, OH 43015
6838 Flags Center Dr.
Columbus, OH 43226
( Intersection of I-270, Cleveland Ave., Shrock Rd. )
Express Office: Delaware (Columbus North)
96 West William Street
Delaware, OH 43015