Located in McMinnville, OR
The CNC Programmer/Machinist will be responsible for developing new and existing machine programs, setup, and operation of CNC machines. This is a hands-on technically challenging position that will support all CNC and traditional machining requirements across all in-process and final machining operations. The CNC Programmer/Machinist is a regular, full-time position.
• Develop new and improve existing machining programs using MasterCam.
• Control, design, and manage tooling, fixtures, and time standard requirements, maintain set-up sheets.
• Set up jobs in machines for operators to run.
• Work through jobs (Work Orders) as prioritized by Shop Manager/Foreman.
• Review existing machine practices for produce ability and cost effectiveness.
• Support Company’s on time, and safety initiatives, prepare estimates of production tooling, machining times, and fixtures in support of new business objectives.
• Read blueprints, design, maintain, and build gauges, tools, dies and other equipment.
• Inspect, troubleshoot, and repair tooling, dies, and equipment.
• Calibrate, set up, and run machines and equipment.
• Adhere to all safety requirements and ensure all work is carried out correctly, on time and in a safe manner.
• Stay current on new MasterCam updates, attend MasterCam seminars as is deemed useful.
• Work with cutting tool providers/manufacturers to ensure state-of-the-art cutting tool technology is utilized to achieve maximum productivity.
• Adhere to AS9100 standards and regulations as administered by Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
• Other duties as assigned by the lead or manager.
Skills, Experience, and Aptitude:
The CNC Programmer/Machinist will have 10+ years CNC Programming, machine setup and the proven ability to program up to 5axis using MasterCam or similar software. Machining in a manufacturing establishment and SolidWorks skills preferred. Individual must have an eye for detail in programming and machining as well as knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft applications. The CNC Programmer/Machinist will be proficient in the ability to understand and utilize all written materials available about the project at hand.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Safely lift and carry heavy objects with the help of another person if necessary.
• Ability to work well independently and following strict adherence to deadlines.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position throughout the day alternating sitting and standing as necessary.
• Perform repetitive movement such as pushing, pulling, bending, some twisting and stooping.
• Perform fine hand manipulation including handling small and large objects.
• Ability to communicate clearly and be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers, customers and vendors.
Express Office: McMinnville
733 Northeast Baker Street
McMinnville, OR 97128