Facility Maintenance Technician
Located in Waco, TX
Very large corporate office/headquarters with several buildings within their complex is looking for a Part-Time Facility Maintenance candidate.
Due to COVID, a majority of the corporate staff are actually working remotely from home but, this complex of buildings still needs some regular maintenance and upkeep.
Right now, the position will only be on a part-time basis, about 24-32 hours per week.
Later, as soon as we as a community can kick COVID out of Waco and the staff can then return to work, this position and the hours would need to increase back to full-time.
But, until then, this will be a part-time work schedule.
This company will be flexible and can work with your schedule but, would need someone 24-32 hours per week somewhere between Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
Some suggested schedules could be something like Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8am-5pm (preferred schedule) or, Monday-Friday 8am-Noon or, Monday-Thursday 11am-5pm, etc.
$15/hr. to start.
The maintenance technician will provide exceptional support to all departments in regards to all building maintenance needs. This position is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks and must be able to work under minimal supervision.
• Performs minor plumbing maintenance on existing systems (e.g. unclog toilets and drains, repair leaks in drains and faucets, replace toilets and faucet fixtures as needed, etc.) Performs routine painting, carpentry work, etc., as necessary to maintain professional looking facilities in like new condition (e.g. repair holes in dry-wall, prep the area, and match the texture and paint to present a uniform and original like new appearance). Performs minor electrical maintenance as allowed without a license within state law requirements (e.g. repair or replacement of fixtures, wall switches, and outlets. Replace light bulbs, ballasts and sockets if necessary).
• Manages office furniture reconfigurations, furniture moves and office moves, as requested.
• Performs preventive maintenance on building systems (e.g. routine HVAC maintenance/filter replacements, irrigation systems, emergency generator systems, gutters, roof leaks).
• Ensures quality and timely completion of tasks.
• Prioritize work request and follow up upon completion under direction of the facility manager.
• Inspects buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions (e.g. broken concrete, loose door hinges and latches, ceiling tiles, etc.).
• Record and maintain maintenance work orders from a CMMS software.
• Moderate knowledge computer skills in Microsoft office outlook and excel.
• Flexible availability for after hours emergencies.
• Assist in daytime housekeeping when needed.
• Completes other duties as assigned or required.
• Self-starter and professional attitude
• Ability to adapt to new skills
• Works well with others
• Proactive, innovative and creative problem solver
• Knowledgeable in computers including Microsoft excel and Outlook
Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma
• 1-3 years related experience
• On-the-job training
Express Office: Waco
Waco, TX 76710