Assembly Team Lead
Located in Crystal Lake, IL
Salary: 18 /hr
Booming manufacturing company in Crystal Lake, IL is looking for an experienced assembler to fill the position of Assembly Team Lead on their 2nd shift. This is a temp to hire position with a great company. Full benefits after hire!
Job Summary: The assembly team lead acts as the “go-to” person in their department to be a resource to associates and co-workers regarding assigned duties and assist the Supervisor /Manager in the day-to-day work activities.
Assembly Team Lead Duties:
- Gives direction and performance feedback to department associates on schedule, work instructions, safety, quality and production requirements. Is capable of performing any of the jobs or tasks in the department and can train new employees.
- Helps motivate associates to meet production standards and helps solve work problems.
- Communicates information, needs and concerns within the department and to individuals in other departments, as needed.
- Assists or directly handles the supervisor (or Manager) in the information gathering, interpretation, insights to complete and communicate performance reviews and disciplinary action.
- Complete daily attendance/time cards, production sheets, metrics boards and load/production schedules as required.
- Participates in Inventory Control processes for the department, such as, data entry, I.C. coordination, and cycle counting.
- Ability to or commitment to learn; (operate/program - paint systems or robot, metal fabrication equipment, welding machines, lean/line balancing and team work development for assembly crews).
- Aid in monitoring the overall process and conducting PM programs of (paint process, wash system, and waste treatment system, PM’s on Metal Fabrication Equipment, Calibration and Maintenance of Welding Equipment).
- Keep, maintain, and oversee accurate records of all system parameters for paint, wash, and waste treatment system, calibration records, first piece inspection, PM’s and departmental metrics and data postings.
- Be willing to have proper certifications where applicable (waste treatment system in Paint, fork lift license in certain departments)
- Attend classes regarding communication, leadership, interpersonal skills, inventory (APICS), and computer skills training.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the management.
Assembly Team Lead Qualifications:
- Good communication skills
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Forklift license
- Good computer skills
- Experience in programming robotic paint system, fabrication equipment, welding machines, or assembly line systems
- Basic knowledge of JDE, Solid Edge, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Hours: Monday - Saturday | 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM, plus mandatory overtime
Four Ways To Apply for this assembly team lead position: (pick one)
- Email your resume to email@example.com
- Apply online and submit the application to the Crystal Lake, IL location
- Call Maria at 815.356.4634
- Visit our office at 580 E Terra Cotta Ave, Crystal Lake, IL (we take walk-ins Monday – Friday between 9 AM and 4 PM)
Express Office: Crystal Lake
580 East Terra Cotta Avenue
Crystal Lake, IL 60014