3rd shift Material Handler
Located in Auburn, MA
Reports to: Director of Supply Chain Employment Status: Non-Exempt
While safely operating motorized equipment support the production floor with retreiving raw materials, and moving finished goods.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment for all employees and customers complying with organizational and OSHA safety standards, procedures, and regulations.
- Adhere to all company safety guidelines including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Communicate with previous shift supervisor or material handler for any manufacturing, packing or shipping changes.
- Deliver or return raw materials, patch, cartons, boxes, and tops to machines or warehouse as necessary.
- Perform physical counts on each pallet, check labeling and load tags. Report all inconsistencies to the operator immediately.
- Verify counts, utilize computer system, and clearly communicate information with supervisors and co-workers.
- Stack pallets safely and at the appropriate heights.
- Palletize all finished goods while keeping machine runways clear.
- Transfer finished goods to staging or warehouse area.
- Transport all rework and repackaging orders to Rework Area.
- Return all empty flat pallets to Cutting Department.
- Record all warehouse transactions (take, return, or put-away) utilizing shipping tablet/computer.
- Maintain all tape machines in folding area, including changing tape rolls on automatic and hand tape dispensers. Notify Maintenance Department of any malfunctions.
- Return all equipment to the designated area.
- Maintain work areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations, maintain current licenses for motorized equipment.
- Ability to safely operate motorized equipment and hand trucks throughout the production plant.
- Safely operate all productions equipment as assigned, including but not limited to shredder, bales, and recycle equipment.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to follow direction, SOPs, and safety procedures.
- Clear peripheral vision and depth perceptions.
- Perform basic math skills.
- Maneuverer in small, sometimes awkward spaces.
- Ability to utilize a computer or tablet.
Education and Experience
3-5 years’ experience preferred, in a manufacturing environment safely operating motorize equipment such as hand trucks, etc.
1-2 years’ experience with data entry.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Typical production environment; walking or operating equipment near machines with moving mechanical parts. Exposure to loud continuous noise.
Much time spent on feet, for 8 hours per shift. Occasionally using hands to finger dexterity, reaches, stoops, kneels, crouches.
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment
Frequently lifts up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Distance vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception; Ability to adjust focus.
Express Office: Worcester
1241 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01603