Accounting Manager - Athens
Located in Mabank, TX
Salary: $75K-$85K DOE
Express Employment has partnered with a local Tyler, TX company seeking an Accounting Manager to add to their team.
- Manage and lead accounting staff and practices.
- Maintain inventory standard costs for all entities.
- Prepare and maintain the reserve for inventory obsolescence.
- Prepare the monthly accounting entries to record Cost of Goods Sold.
- Record and maintain the company’s prepaid assets.
- Prepare the first draft of monthly financial reports.
- Record and maintain the company’s fixed assets, including depreciation and amortization.
- Prepare other journal entries, verify, and post account transactions, and complete general ledger operations; Reconcile and maintain various balance sheet accounts.
- Reports to Management with a variety of financial information; addresses accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Analytically reviews selected areas of the balance sheet and income statement each month for explanations of variances
- Assists with month-end and year-end closings, and management reporting processes
- Supports CFO with the implementation and ongoing development of internal financial controls and procedures
- Protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Analyzes information and options for special projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Experience with a Standard Cost inventory environment and process.
- Experience with Fixed Asset recording, tracking and financial maintenance.
- Effective judgment to be applied throughout the accounting and financial reporting process
- Analytical skills, displaying an ability to gather, relate and compare data, and ensure data is reliable, accurate and complete
- Detail orientation to ensure related tasks are completed timely and accurately
- Highly organized, capable of maintaining a systematic process for handling and recording all financial data, files, and analysis
- Essential characteristic of integrity, act according to the highest ethical standards pertaining to accounting controls and policies, able to maintain strict confidence as needed
- Strong business acumen and ability to lead staff and work both independently and collaboratively
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business accounting including reconciliations, financial reporting, and controls.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of GAAP, audit practices, economic principles, and financial regulations.
- Certified Public Accountant / CPA certification preferred.
If you or someone you know meets the requirements and is interested, please apply or email Nick.Gregory@ExpressPros.com!!
Express Office: Tyler
5609 Donnybrook Avenue
Tyler, TX 75703