Located in Michigan City, IN
Industrial Painter Job Summary:
A leading provider of unitized and preassembled systems is hiring for full-time, evaluation-to-hire Industrial Painters. They are searching for committed, hardworking, career-oriented individuals to join their team.
This position will paint structural steel, pipe, valves, and other component parts used for our modular systems. Some responsibilities will include:
- Ability to effectively perform position of Paint Prepper on the floor at any point in time.
- Prep materials by high pressure wash or sand blast materials.
- Load and unload paint booth with materials.
- Stage material for curing
- Perform set-up, material handling duties, and minor general maintenance.
- Prepare paint and ensure proper mixing for customer requirements.
- Responsible for painting mil thickness according to customer specifications
- Responsible for maintaining and cleaning paint guns and equipment.
Schedule and Pay:
- Monday – Friday (Some Saturdays may be required)
- 6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- $16 - $18/hr (depending on experience)
- Must be able to use and read a wet and dry mil gauge
- Ability to work independently or with others
- Ability to work flexible hours including, but not limited to, frequent and mandatory overtime, weekends, and some holidays are required
- Attendance and punctuality are critical success factors
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is preferred
- Background check
- Drug screen
About our Hiring Process:
Express has been serving our NWI community for over 20 years! We are committed to helping you find the best job to match your desires and skill set. One interview with us is like interviewing for over 100 companies! Apply for this job and we will get you connected with your own employment specialist. Our goal is to find you the right long-term fit, all at no cost! Once you apply for this role, we will take you through our complimentary hiring process, match you to the right job, and provide ongoing training and support. Join the Express family today!
Since 1997, Express has been impacting the Lake, Porter, and La Porte County community by connecting people with meaningful employment opportunities, one person at a time. From manufacturing jobs, to administrative positions, to professional placements, Express can empower you to find a job that meets your needs. Whether you are starting a new career, re-entering the workforce, or a seasoned professional, Express has the resources to match you with a job that fits your desires and abilities.
Apply now, or text our office at (219) 465-1868 to schedule a phone interview today!
Express Office: Valparaiso
332 West US Highway 30
Valparaiso, IN 46385