Located in East Syracuse, NY
Summary/Objective: Responsible for producing or repairing precision parts through machining processes using both manual and/or semi-automated or automated equipment and accurate measurements.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
- Install repaired parts into equipment, or install new equipment.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Advise clients about the materials being used for finished products.
- Program computers and electronic instruments such as numerically controlled machine tools.
- Set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Performs other tasks as directed including deburring parts and performing other operations during cycle.
- Proven experience as a machinist
- Ability to use prevision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements.
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other materials.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics or manuals.
Ability to walk, remain on feet for extended time periods, reach, stoop. Kneel and lift up to and including 35 pounds as needed. Visual abilities and manual dexterity.
Express Office: Syracuse
3004 Erie Boulevard East
Syracuse, NY 13224