Located in Burnet, TX
One of Texas’s major building material suppliers is hiring Rail Load Out Operators. Come work for a company whose history spans the development of the state over the last century!
This position is on the night shift but will train on the day shift. Major responsibilities include processing load out orders and ensure that both rail cars and orders are ready for their next destination. Previous experience is preferred but we’re really looking for tough folks who are perceptive and efficient.
This company manufactures a variety of building products and provides varying related construction services. With facilities and divisions all over Texas, they still haven’t lost the personal touch of their roots. If you’re looking for the feel of a small business with the resources of a major corporation, this may be the place for you. This is a long-term opportunity with competitive benefits on full hire, so apply today!
Work schedule: 5:00 PM – 5:00 AM, Monday through Thursday or Thursday through Sunday; LOTS of overtime available!
Pay rate: $12.00-$16.00/hour, depending on experience
There’s another way you can get paid – bring a buddy to apply with you and get a $50 referral bonus when they work 120 hours! That’s like three weeks on an 8-hour shift. Ask us for more information about our referral program.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to lift and carry at least 30 but up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work on rough, uneven surfaces and exposed to the elements
- Ability to work from up high while using a personal fall arrest equipment
- Ability to hear and discriminate between sounds and maintain awareness of surroundings
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous rail experience is a plus
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Good communication skills
- Excellent safety record
- Comfortable working with computers and electronic equipment
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to learn and operate heavy equipment including train locomotives
- Load material on to railcars
- Perform inspections, preventative maintenance, and repairs of the load-out system and equipment
- Inspect cars for cleanliness and good condition
- Verify car list to tag reader and add/delete any changes in computer system
- Assign cars to correct customer order by verifying product and amount with computer system
- Update the shipment master and production report
- Stage cars for holding or for picking up by the railroad
How to Apply
At Express, we value your time. We want to simplify the process and speed up the results. To achieve our goal, we offer on the spot phone interviews. If you are interested in this opportunity, call to speak directly with a Recruiter now - all we need is about 15 minutes.
- (512) 255-2525
- Ask to speak to one of our Recruiting Specialists about this position
You don’t even have to worry about coming into the office. Complete a phone interview and receive instant feedback!
At Express, we ignite opportunity by giving you choices. We have a variety of career opportunities from over 100 employers in the Williamson County area and we will help you to find the perfect one as quickly as possible. We welcome anyone who seeks to build or continue their career. If you take the time to go the extra mile, try your best in all situation and believe honesty is the best policy – Call Express today to see how we can help you achieve your career goals!
Call (512) 255-2525
2000 N Mays St, Suite 202
Round Rock, TX 78664
As a staffing leader in the Williamson County area for more than 15 years, we’re ready to help you take the next step in your career.
These are just a few of the benefits of working with Express over another agency or searching on your own:
- No fees
- Weekly pay when on assignment
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Direct deposit
- Referral bonuses
- 401k program
- The support and hard work of our dedicated staffing consultants
Express Employment Professionals of Round Rock has helped job seekers in Round Rock and Williamson County since 2003. Call or come see us today to see how we can help you!
Express Office: Round Rock
2000 North Mays Avenue
Round Rock, TX 78664