Service Technicians - Dakota County, MN
Located in Green Bay, WI
Position: Service Technician
Type: Full-time, Professional – Direct Hire
Locations: Dakota County, MN
An industry leader that provides comprehensive solutions for moving, stacking and storing materials is in search of Service Technicians! When it comes to materials handling, warehouse equipment, professional cleaning, construction and agriculture equipment, they are your trusted experts.
As a Service Technician, you will repair and maintain electric, propane, CNG, diesel lift trucks and customer equipment. Qualified applicants will have a mechanical background in heavy, agriculture or construction equipment. They provide a healthy work/life balance promoting a winning and pleasant work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accepts repair orders as assigned by Service Manager, Service Dispatch or assigned person.
- Coordinate with Service office staff in communicating necessary repairs to customer and obtains approvals.
- Reads work orders, observes and listens to truck in operation to determine/diagnose malfunction or problem(s).
- Offers solutions to meet customer specifications.
- Provides estimates when appropriate.
- Repair, service, recondition or assemble equipment as approved by the customer/Service Manager.
- Obtains necessary parts working cooperatively with Parts department staff.
- Makes mechanical repairs to equipment after a complete inspection and analysis of breakdown has been completed.
- Records complete repair description on work order, including correct model and serial number of equipment and records hour meter reading.
- Obtains signature from customer and communicates with them on repair needs or work that was completed.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, specified safety devices on truck and makes adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.
- Maintains professional image of self and cleanliness of van (externally and internally) at all times.
- Maintains and operates shop equipment and tools.
- Notifies Service Manager or Supervisor of safety issues and/or accidents immediately.
- Performs quality work as quickly and professional as possible.
- Promotes marketing efforts to drive parts, service, equipment and rental sales.
- Completes service forms and submit directly to Service department daily via work tablet.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- 3+ years’ of mechanic experience and/or education relating to the position.
- Basic knowledge of computer and internet software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety manual, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of an organization.
To Apply: Call Express Employment Professionals of Green Bay at 920-940-6000, Ask for Kathleen
Express Office: Green Bay
2271 Fox Heights Lane
Green Bay, WI 54304