Located in Olympia, WA
Express is now hiring for an Accountant for their 501-C5 nonprofit organization in Olympia. This organization advocates for the protection of public sector retiree benefits. Applicants must be comfortable working for an organization in the political arena. Labor union or non-profit experience is appreciated. This will be a full-time long-term position and the pay will be dependent on experience but in the range of $26/hr.
- Maintain a fixed asset system and all relevant documentation (Inventory that depreciates).
- Maintain the general ledger by preparation of documentation and reconciliations to verify integrity of accounting reports subject to internal and external audit.
- Prepare a draft annual budget for the Treasurer and Finance Committee. Include initial projections, explanatory notes, and line item comparisons to prior year. Revise as needed for Committee’s presentation to the Executive Board.
- Prepare documentation and records for annual audit and tax preparation; work with auditor/tax preparer during processes.
- Input journal entries. Set up and perform ongoing review of interface information from other accounting functions such as accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, and cash receipts to the general ledger.
- Record and pay personal property taxes.
- Prepare and file business and payroll tax returns and Chapters’ annual 990N
- And more…
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field
- Experience with Labor Unions or Non-Profit Organizations is a plus
Interested? Give us a call/text today: 360-357-7195
Email your resume to: Jobs.OlympiaWA@ExpressPros.com
Apply directly: www.expresspros.com/olympiawa OR "ExpressJobs" App
NO RECRUITING FEE!
Express Office: Olympia
1120 Harrison Avenue Northwest
Olympia, WA 98502