Located in Walker, MI
Salary: Based on experience
Controls Engineer Job Summary:
A leading industrial technology & electrical services firm is seeking a Controls Engineer for project-based work in West Michigan to directly interface with clients, customers, suppliers, and vendors in creating/developing accurate designs and keep projects on budget and within timeline. This is a contract, project-based, opportunity for 3 – 6 months with the possibility of additional being available at the end of the contract.
Controls Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work on a single project with the oversight of a Senior Engineer / Level 3 Engineer
- Perform as a technical member for assigned project.
- Develop controls hardware design from scratch using AutoCAD Electric.
- Develop software design using Supplier software (such as Rockwell 5000, Siemens TIA).
- Application of the NEC, NFPA 79, UL and OSHA standards related to project subject matter.
- Strict adherence to both client and department established procedures and work flows.
- Work with Senior Engineer / Account Manager to maintain team members, roles and responsibilities, and goals at the onset of projects.
- Report on progress made to assigned work.
- Download and commission software on the customers site. Work with the customer to achieve acceptance.
Controls Engineer Qualifications:
- Associate degree in electrical engineering, electrical technology, or a related field required; bachelor degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in instrumentation and electrical controls
- 3+ years of systems integration experience, preferably in a high level controls engineering role
- Proficiency in Rockwell, Siemens, and/or Schneider control systems platforms (both current and legacy)
- Factory Talk, PanelView HMI, TP HMI, Rockwell PLCs, and Siemens PLCs competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organiztaion
- Strong proble-solving, troubleshooting, and rational decision-making skills
- Detialed orietned with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience troubleshooting in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Abiltiy to travel up to 20% of the time (regional – West Michigan / limited overnight)
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Contract / Project Based
Pay: Based on experience and qualifications
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
The Grand Rapids Express Employment Professionals office was founded in 1996 and is proud to serve the West Michigan business community with a full offering of recruiting, training, and human resource services. Since we opened our doors, we have focused on not only helping companies find top talent, but also helping them develop and retain talent.
Benefits of working with Express:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Scholarship programs
- Free Online Training
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit: http://www.expresspros.com/GrandRapidsMI/Job-Openings.aspx
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519