Located in Coloma, MI
Salary: $20.00+ per hour
- Location: Coloma, MI
- Position Type: Full-Time, Evaluation Hire
- Pay/Salary: $20.00+/per hour
- Schedule: 1st Shift
Responsibilities/Duties of Maintenance Technician:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair production machines
- Analyze equipment failures, determine the cause, and make necessary adjustments and repairs
- Troubleshoot PLC’s and other automatic production systems
- Repair, maintain, and install minor and major electrical and electronic systems and fixtures
- Connect power cables to equipment and install grounding leads
- Perform preventative maintenance service to machinery and equipment
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly
- Repair, rework, or calibrate hydraulic or pneumatic assemblies or systems to meet operational specifications or tolerances
- Perform other duties as needed
- Complete accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
Qualifications for Maintenance Technician:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
- Qualified candidates will have good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with key coworkers, including department managers, line operators, quality assurance personnel and contractors.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic systems and pneumatic equipment.
- Strong electrical background in addition to mechanical skills.
- Experience with computerized or automated controls and the ability to read electrical schematics a plus.
- Self-motivated detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High energy level required.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities, and analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals of Southwest Michigan is a local employment agency that has been helping people find jobs in Southwest Michigan since 2007. Our goal is to find permanent, long-term positions at some of the best companies in our area. We want to help you find that perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment needs, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Free Online Training
- Chances to win cash and prizes!
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit our website at Express Employment Professionals of SWMI, or like/follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Express Office: Saint Joseph
4070 Red Arrow Highway
Saint Joseph, MI 49085